Main Menu

Legendary Auto Interiors, current sale

Started by Duodec, December 16, 2023, 07:33:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Duodec

Legendary Auto Interiors currently has seat covers and foam for 20% off.  Is that likely the best pricing available for these that we're going to see?  Any other vendors carry Legendary these days? 

JH27N0B

I haven't watched them recently as far as sales, but if it was me, I'd take the 20% sale now rather than wait and see if they ever offer anything better later.  And prices might go up next year with inflation too.  When would they have another sale again anyway, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Black Friday?  Those are all a long way off.
Year One sells Legendary but that line is discount exempt unfortunately.
I bought Legendary seat covers years ago on sale from Dante's Mopar parts.  I don't hear much about them anymore but they seem to still be in business.
When are you planning on installing them?  If you don't plan on doing it soon, you might have issues with their warranty if you contact them a year or more in the future about a problem on the chance you find one.  That would be my only hesitation on buying on sale now if I was buying parts for a project.

Duodec

It may be several years before I'm doing the interior; granted I can pull the seats and redo them ahead of time but storage becomes an issue.  Mechanicals first (because I can), then what bodywork I want to risk.  Thats the timeline.  Any experience in how likely one is to have warranty issues with Legendary?  Especially now when so many manufacturers across the board have quality issues?

Thanks

JH27N0B

By and large Legendary has always had a great reputation for quality product.  But no one's perfect.  I seem to remember hearing a story on a forum one time of someone buying a Legendary vinyl top and didn't go to install it for several years.  When he did, he found something wrong like the seam was messed up, and he was SOL when he contacted them about the problem as the warranty was only one year or thereabouts.
I reupholstered my T/A seats and I bet they ended up sitting around in my house for over 10 years before they got installed, due to all the problems I had with my restoration project!  I don't even recall where they sat all those years.  I think mostly in my living room.  I'm single and can get away with things like that!  :haha:

anlauto

Quote from: Duodec on December 16, 2023, 09:37:43 AMIt may be several years before I'm doing the interior;.....

Thanks

Don't worry it will be several years before you get them  :haha:  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudaragtop

When I ordered for my Cuda, it was several months. I drove my car for another season before receiving them...

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Duodec

Saw that lead time on the web page.

OK so if I order them it will be with the plan to actually rebuild the seats out of sequence (sooner) and find a place to store them.  Though I could bolt them back into the car if I remove the other stuff I'm storing there (all Challenger parts).  Don't want to get the new foam squished and taking on creases and such from boxes.   And maybe only order the front covers and foam; car work time is going to be very limited, but I do want to get things moving.

A/C box first since I found the DMT kit I bought years ago and its ready to disassemble on the bench.
Then likely the 46RH
Then depends when the seat covers come...

RJChallenger

:thinking: On how explain to the wife that the $700 spent today at Roseville Moparts is for this Christmas, Thankyou Santa and the $400 at Legendary Interiors is for next Christmas. At least when I talked to them today they said I didn't have to pay shipping until there ready in 280.0 days

blown motor

Looks to me like somebody got your credit card information, Roseville got the wrong shipping address and it all worked out good for you.  :vipermanhiding:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel