Main Menu

Painting dash parts question

Started by truckinman466, April 01, 2021, 06:53:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

truckinman466

I'm getting ready to paint the plastic pieces from my dash. My question is, do I paint the smooth parts ( the holes to the guages for example) or just the textured parts?

HP2

I painted all of the plastic around my dash that was smooth and textured so that it was all consistent in color and sheen. I also did not restore the silver rim around the gauge pods as I prefer them without it. I used a Rustoleum semi-flat rattle can and it matched the original very well. YMMV if this is a concourse restoration.

7E-Bodies

I've found a great value in prep prep prep. SEM makes some great rattle can surface prep. A lot of the automotive paints places will carry it and they can steer you through it.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

B5fourspeed

Sems trim  black is perfect for the dash and all the trim.The paint lays down real nice.If something gets scratched you can touch it up easy.Spray paint has come along way in the last 10 years.Some people think using paint out of a can is the cheap way.I look at it being the easiest way with great results.I would put my dash done with sems trim black up against any other dash. Just my opinion.

headejm

70 Top Banana