Main Menu

Passenger Inside Door Mechanism 71 Challenger

Started by Daveh, May 11, 2020, 11:33:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hey guys,

My passenger inside door handle mechanism is on the sloppy side.  Do they make a rebuild kit or do I need to locate a good used one?  I know this is the drivers I'm just showing it for the pic.  Thanks

Dave

anlauto

I've never heard of any rebuild kits or reproduction handles  :dunno: Good used I guess...funny that it's your passenger side worn more then your driver's side :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

I thought the same thing.   :D

If anyone knows of a good one without slop I would appreciate it.  There is one on Ebay but that's the drivers side.  Thanks

71vert340

I have a couple. One thing you might check if you haven't already. There's a rubber bumper that sometimes cracks with age and falls out making the door mechanism rattle. In my photo, I have the spike point resting on the rubber bumper. You'll notice the  one on the right doesn't have it and it rattles or seems loose. Something to look at.
Terry

71vert340

Closeup of the rubber bumper.
Terry

Daveh

Great pic thanks.  Mine is still there and soft.  If you have a good one I would be interested.  Thanks

71vert340

If no one closer to Florida has one, I'll part with one. I'm in Washington state, so I don't think we can get any further apart in the mainland USA for shipping. The two with the rubber bumper stops are both tight. Let me know by sending a PM if no one else speaks up with one who lives closer to you.
Terry

Daveh