Main Menu

Wanted: 70 cuda inside passenger door lock mechanism

Started by NevadaCuda, September 20, 2022, 08:28:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

NevadaCuda

I am looking for an inner door lock mechanism/latch locking control for a 1970 cuda passenger side door. Here are photos of my driver side part. I'm not 100% sure what it's called.

Thank you

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 24, 2022, 08:44:26 PM
Are they special for the 70 year?   :notsure:

From what I have seen they are a one year only, but always a few left-over parts finding their way into the 71's. The way the door locks worked was quirky if memory is correct. Hopefully one of the experts can go into better detail.  :help:

RJChallenger

@NevadaCuda   The little piece shown in your photo, I believe is the same for both Cuda/Challengers. The 70 latches operate differently than 71-74 cars , but look almost identical. The main differences are you cannot lock your keys in a 70 model . you cant lock the door ,when open and you had use the key to lock it when the door was closed. You could only use the little lock lever when the door was closed. 71-74 models you could open the door, hit the lock lever, shut the door and see your keys on the seat. Are you looking for one of these little lock lever mechanisms AND  or the main latch that holds the door closed.

NevadaCuda

Thank you for the replies. I was able to find one on ebay :)