Main Menu

Plastic Inner Door Guard Source

Started by Floyd, May 04, 2020, 11:53:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Does anyone reproduce these plastic pieces? 

Thanks!

usraptor

Are you referring to the vapor guard that goes between the plastic door panel and the door frame?  If so just use thick plastic such as you buy from a hardware store for drop clothes when painting.  Works great.

Cuda Cody

It's pretty easy just to take some sintra plastic (PVC) and make it yourself.

71vert340

I take it you are referring to these plastic pieces?
Terry

C_B5

For those hard plastic door handle shields have not seen a reproduction. Usually just find originals to use as long as they're not cracked even though all seem to be yellowed / discolored.  But that doesn't matter since not seen once installed.

Though, I recently made some with 3D printer.  Probably one of the easier pieces to model and again because not seen doesn't need the highest quality resolution.

JS29

Floyd

Thanks  - A friend hooked me up with a set of originals.  Also, I checked with Jim at DMT and he may add those to his product line in the future. 

Also, I opened up the door panel on my late-build 71 and it has them.  My 70-only title appears to be incorrect.

76orangewagon

Quote from: Floyd on May 13, 2020, 06:18:28 AM
Thanks  - A friend hooked me up with a set of originals.  Also, I checked with Jim at DMT and he may add those to his product line in the future. 

Also, I opened up the door panel on my late-build 71 and it has them.  My 70-only title appears to be incorrect.

My April 71 'Cuda had them also but they did not look like the ones in your photo, mine hooked into a slot in the metal frame right above the door mechanism.

ec_co

interesting. my early build '70 from the LA plant doesn't have these and doesn't look like it ever did (the holes in the panel are there, but nothing ever installed)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JS29

Quote from: ec_co on May 13, 2020, 07:38:48 AM
interesting. my early build '70 from the LA plant doesn't have these and doesn't look like it ever did (the holes in the panel are there, but nothing ever installed)
Same here. Sep 9 69.  :yes:

Floyd

C_B5

The plastic guard on the inner door structure is NOT a 1970 model only thing 

Original door 1972 Challenger build date 504

anlauto

Quote from: ec_co on May 13, 2020, 07:38:48 AM

This style shield being discussed is a Challenger ONLY thing. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration