Main Menu

How do you remove these door guard trims?

Started by ClarkWGrizwald, July 31, 2019, 11:00:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ClarkWGrizwald

Don't love the look of these. Are they hard to remove? Mine are all there and in excellent condition but I'm considering removal.
Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

anlauto

Pretty sure he was looking for Challenger ones, not Cuda.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

They are screwed on to the car. Pull out the rubber strips to reveal the screws :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

7E-Bodies

@1 Wild R/T and @anlauto, yes I'm looking for the challenger ones and have zero experience on the Cuda ones. Thank you both for remembering me. Much appreciated as I continue my search. Also, don't these look like after market?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

318Stroker

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on August 01, 2019, 04:47:42 AM
@1 Wild R/T and @anlauto, yes I'm looking for the challenger ones and have zero experience on the Cuda ones. Thank you both for remembering me. Much appreciated as I continue my search. Also, don't these look like after market?

Looking at the ends of each piece, they appear to be aftermarket. Could they applied with adhesive?

PLY474

Does your car have the fender tag?  If there is a V5X on there, then the guards are factory.  Challengers were held on with welded studs and clips.  See picture.  I'm not sure about Plymouth.  If you take them off, let us know how they were held on.  Don't toss them, they can be sold. 

750-h2

All aftermarkets that I have seen were adhesive, to me yours do not look to be aftermarket. 

anlauto

Those are factory 1973-74 style which I'm now learning are different from the earlier ones.

7E-Bodies

@anlauto if it matters (and it may be different), on my 70 Challenger each of the 6 pieces has a threaded stud/t bolt at each end that gets nutted on with nylon snap clips through the middle portion.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

ClarkWGrizwald

V5x
Yep. Everything on the car seems original so I'd expect these to be as well.  They just draw too much attention to that body line and not the swoop of the rear quarter. I'll get em off pretty soon. I'll be preserving them best I can.
Thanks for the help!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk