Main Menu

Quarter window differences

Started by redgum78, November 17, 2018, 11:23:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

redgum78

I have 2 sets of quarter glasses in my pile of parts. After half installing 1 set in my car I released they are not the same.
One set has a recessed edge and the other does not. I know one set came out of the car as I pulled them out. Its almost 10 years ago now so I am not sure which set it was in the car!

Can anyone tell me which is correct for my car? 1970 Challenger RT.

Why the difference?

Thanks for the help

Dan.

anlauto

Top picture is 1970 only, uses a felt type seal. Bottom picture is 1971-74 uses a rubber seal.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

You can change the chrome strip on the glass

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 18, 2018, 05:27:26 AM
You can change the chrome strip on the glass IIRC the lower one is correct for 70

No the top one  (with the air temp decal) is correct for a 70.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RJChallenger

My 5-70 built Challenger had the same window as the bottom picture. You just gotta love all the little differences from the 70 Challenger and the rest of the years.

redgum78

Thanks guys, has anyone got a close up of the felt and how it attaches to to the ss strip?

750-h2

Very easy to install. The weather strip just slides into the trim piece. Then you lock it in with the tabs on the trim piece. Just make sure you use the 1970 weather strip on the 1970 trim.

redgum78

Quote from: 750-h2 on November 19, 2018, 06:18:28 AM
Very easy to install. The weather strip just slides into the trim piece. Then you lock it in with the tabs on the trim piece. Just make sure you use the 1970 weather strip on the 1970 trim.

Thanks 750, I was curious if I could use a generic felt or if it needed to be 70 Challenger specific? Sounds like yes.