Main Menu

Rallye dash bezel color

Started by headejm, June 13, 2021, 10:57:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

Does anyone sell a 1970 3-switch rallye dash bezel that is the correct brownish color around the gauges instead of the reddish color that I see on several of them? Here is the reddish color I'm talking about.

anlauto

Contact Instrument Specialties, they are selling the correct ones now. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ragtopdodge

The ONLY place you can get accurate bezels is this place:

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Dash_Stuff/Woodgrain/E-body_Rallye_Wood_Plates_Short.htm

However, you'll have to wait until they get through probate (founder died).

That one pictured is a PGCLassics version, which to me, looks NOTHING like original.

anlauto

Quote from: ragtopdodge on June 13, 2021, 12:36:41 PM
The ONLY place you can get accurate bezels is this place:

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Dash_Stuff/Woodgrain/E-body_Rallye_Wood_Plates_Short.htm

However, you'll have to wait until they get through probate (founder died).

That one pictured is a PGCLassics version, which to me, looks NOTHING like original.

.Mike Mancini of Instrument Specialties bought out Performance Car Graphics, and is now selling their products. :alan2cents: :bigthumb:

I just bought this from them last month
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Skdmark

I'm working on refinishing an original bezel. I mixed up the brown using the original brown as a color sample.
Then sprayed it using an airbrush.

9:1  ratio brown to black. I was surprised how close I was able to get it.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

anlauto

Testors had a model paint called "rubber" ...it was sort of a brownish-black.....Looked pretty good "back in the day"  :dunno:

Skdmark

Quote from: anlauto on June 13, 2021, 07:37:28 PM
Testors had a model paint called "rubber" ...it was sort of a brownish-black.....Looked pretty good "back in the day"  :dunno:

I had some of the Testors rubber on hand and it was definitely better than the reddish brown on OER's repro bezel.
If your looking for something straight out of the bottle it's not bad.

The paints I recommended above have droppers in their caps so it makes it easy to measure out and adjust your mix.
I took a 4 inch CPVC coupler and cut it "half" leaving the inner ring intact on one of the halves Use the half that still has the inner ring as a stencil/mask to airbrush each opening. Any overspray on the raised edge you can wipe off with a Q-tip lightly dipped in some isopropyl alchohol.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: