Main Menu

Rear seat install trouble

Started by dave73, August 29, 2017, 06:37:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dave73

So I feel dumb but guess that's what this forum is for. The back of my rear seat won't go in. The loops on the bottom of the seat back a slide into the channels in the interior  but not far enough to engage the latches on the top. There is nothing in the way. What's the trick? The loops on the seat back are straight, should they be in a slight L?

Also, I don't have bolts for whenever I do get this in. What size are they?

Cuda Cody

They don't go in the channel, they go in front of it.  ;)

Cuda Cody

The bolts are odd too, if I recall they are almost like a large wood thread.

dave73

Ah well that explains a lot! Thanks!

Claudia

I have not installed my interior yet but I was not aware . . . there are bolts for the rear seat???  Pictures?

Cuda Cody

I do not think they are reproduced.  I can try to find some to take a photo of.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 01, 2017, 11:01:36 AM
I do not think they are reproduced.  I can try to find some to take a photo of.
Somebody is offering them. MoparDave may have them. I bought a set but cant' remember who from. They may have came from Hoovers. Basically a small trapped washer lag bolt.

Claudia

If anyone can post up pictures, I would appreciate it!  Just the bolts or even installed . . . maybe both!  :yes:

shawge

From the MMC book. Looks like there is a diff between 70-72 and 73-74.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

shawge

Bolt goes here in between the metal loop attaching to the bracket.
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Jay Bee

Had to replace this one, threads stripped at the top.

dave73

What did you replace it with? Anything from a common hardware store that would work?

Jay Bee

The hole that that "screw bolt" goes through was also shot. I think it actually broke away (been a long time since the seat was out). Anyway I used a clip/bolt combination similar to what's pictured, obviously the clip was longer. Shane Kelly mentioned "lag bolt", that sounds like a great idea.