Main Menu

1971 Barracuda bucket seat back release button

Started by Douglas, March 06, 2022, 07:01:24 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Douglas

:thinking:
Wondering if anyone might have pictures or drawings of how the seatback release knobs are retained in the plastic seat back.
These are the chrome knobs with the coil spring over top the pin that goes into the latch.

anlauto

They're not retained in the plastic back, they are retained to the seat frame with a metal surround plate and a single screw. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Douglas

Claudia

Hopefully these pictures will help as well . . . there is a metal "cage bracket" that is welded to the seat frame side which the release button actually sits in and the release button is held into the "cage bracket" by a metal retaining plate and a screw.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudaized

Are these the release buttons? The chrome ones?

Has anyone found a different source for the release button and more importantly, the metal retainer that holds the button into the seat? Other models for 71?

I may have to make the metal retainer. Any help is appreciated.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

Claudia

Yes, chrome buttons pictured above are the same as the black buttons in the other pictures.  Metal button retaining brackets are a tough find if you don't already have a set.