Main Menu

Original seat belt color

Started by Aar1064, January 28, 2017, 09:10:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Aar1064

The original seat belts cleaned up real nice with just a soak in detergent. Compared to the newly covered seat, it's not quite as black almost a green color. Is this typical for a 40 year old part or were they this color from factory? They really look nice and I'd really love to use the originals.

All opinions are welcome.

Thanks ebodies.org

Cuda Cody

Originals can fade a bit over time.  But that looks to be in really nice shape.  Did the white tags sewn on the end survive? 

Aar1064

All but one survived. They are discolored. Some a lot and some not so much. I plan on replacing them now that I know ECS makes them.

Chrome buckles and latches are in great shape as well. I'll need to respray the black covers. Wish there was an easy way to get them off because masking will be tricky. Oh well, part of the deal.

Still not 100% sure of what I'm going to do at this point. Buy new or use these.

Cuda Cody

For some reasons I think I remember the seat belt latches being easy to take apart?  :notsure:  But haven't done one in many years.  Isn't it just a pin that holds the painted part on?

Quote from: Aar1064 on January 28, 2017, 12:52:25 PM
Wish there was an easy way to get them off because masking will be tricky. Oh well, part of the deal.

Burdar

They definitely fade to green.  You can re-dye them with Rit dye and salt if you don't care about the tags.