Main Menu

seat belt fix

Started by dougdel, June 30, 2017, 09:30:50 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dougdel

looking for suggestions on repairing the seat belts.  When I try to pull them out they lock up on both the lap and shoulder belts on both sides of the car.  Pulled one out and it looks as if I bent the locking spring tab out a little, that may let them release when I put them on, but, by doing this would it create a problem with them locking up if needed upon am impact or sudden jolt?

Bullitt-

Most of mine were solved by a good cleaning & lube.
A minor tweak to that spring was required solved the issue on one though.
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Cuda Cody

Are these 1970?  Are they in need of some lube?

dougdel

its a 74,  move freely just lock up when I try pulling them out  guess I could take them out and apply some powdered graphite on all the moving parts.  that's what I use when we do lock repairs to loosen up sticking lock cylinders, its great stuff but if you over apply it, it will leave a residue and its a pain to clean up

1 Wild R/T

73-74 time frame they started using inertia lock seat belts...  Before pulling the belts out first they need to be fully retracted, if you pull it out quickly it will lock & then it one again has to be fully retracted... Slow and smooth... If it locks up when doing all the right things then a good cleaning & lube may help.....

Chryco Psycho

HAd to be a 74 , it was the only year they used them , pain in the butt at times
Clean , lube & pull slowly , & don't have the back of the car jacked up sky high  :rofl: