Main Menu

SE overhead console question

Started by Yeya93, November 07, 2021, 11:12:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Yeya93

what paint did mopar use to paint the chrome portion of the overhead console?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

benguin

From looking at mine, I think it's most likely the standard "argent silver".
  Ben

Yeya93

@benguin yes you may be correct. it's definitely not dark argent. i confirmed that

Filthy Filbert

So....  Same silver as the wheel center caps?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on November 07, 2021, 02:37:00 PM
So....  Same silver as the wheel center caps?

No... It's not textured argent it's smooth argent....

I use to use Ford Argent in a spray can, it was a perfect match... Looking online I saw this... Never used it so can't say if it matches..

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Mopar-P4529876-Wheel-Paint/dp/B000CIZZJG

Yeya93

@1 Wild R/T is this what you are referring to as ford argent silver?

Filthy Filbert

Cool.   I'll have to look for that at the local part store.    I just ordered my new headliner and center console from SE Headliners.  I have the metal pieces still, and the center console, but the pressed fiber board material is getting soft around the edges, and the headliner itself was too poor to save.

Yeya93

@Filthy Filbert I was gonna go with SE headliners, but there's another fella that makes the headliners and console by the name of dayclona.  day clona sells his headliners and console for $500 plus shipping. se headliners is asking $925 plus shipping for both components. basically almost double the price.

so i will wait until day clona makes another batch and purchase from him.

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: Yeya93 on November 08, 2021, 05:58:36 AM
@Filthy Filbert I was gonna go with SE headliners, but there's another fella that makes the headliners and console by the name of dayclona.  day clona sells his headliners and console for $500 plus shipping. se headliners is asking $925 plus shipping for both components. basically almost double the price.

so i will wait until day clona makes another batch and purchase from him.

I was told that SE Headliners was the only game in town.   I didn't know Dayclona made them too.

Ugh.  Too late now.  Check's in the mail already.

Yeya93

@Filthy Filbert well, if you needed it asap, you did the right choice. dayclona won't be making them until next summer. i can wait as I'm not near the interior stage yet. but definitely any everything on hand as much as possible to prevent any delays in the project. my best of luck to you!

Filthy Filbert

Thanks.   Yea, I'm in no rush, but with thinking he was the only game in town, and how up to date his website is (He's going to be at the 2014 Mopar nats, so order now to save shipping!); I wanted to get one ordered as quickly as possible before he decided to stop making them all together.  Plus, I got money burning a hole in my pocket, and AMD is out of stock on everything I need, so... 

I've read from other guys that the quality is top notch too, so I'm looking forward to seeing it first hand.

Yeya93

@Filthy Filbert haha I totally understand you. yes, pending on how far you live from the east coast, shipping would be pretty damn expensive. another reason why i am purchasing from dayclona as se headliners would still charge me for shipping. i live in Texas, so I'm expecting a heavy bill for shipping next year for sure  :'(

Yeya93

i used this paint today to compare. it looks like this paint is a bit too "light" compared to the original part. but I'm also comparing a 50 yr old painted piece. so idk. but its close.

1 Wild R/T

Yeah the stuff I used was in a actual Ford spray can.... It was available back in the 90's... I was a Motorcraft spray can when I just searched for it... But it didn't look anything like what I'd used...

anlauto

I would use Krylon "Dull Aluminum"  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration