Main Menu

Seat back stopper

Started by Daveh, May 10, 2020, 02:22:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Hi guys,

I'm looking for this seat back stopper. Mine is really loose and I don't trust it.  Anyone have one lying around or know where I can find one?  Thanks

Dave

anlauto

They sell them in reproduction...Try Roseville Moparts :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Daveh

Yep I already emailed Dave.  Thanks.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Daveh

Yep Dave has them I will hear from him in the morning I'm sure.  Thanks

70 Challenger Lover

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone ever modified one just a hair shorter to make the seat recline more? The plastic bumper only allows a little room for this and I'm hesitant to shim the tracks since the space between the seat and steering wheel is already tight.

Kowal

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 10, 2020, 05:14:21 PM
Not to hijack the thread but has anyone ever modified one just a hair shorter to make the seat recline more? The plastic bumper only allows a little room for this and I'm hesitant to shim the tracks since the space between the seat and steering wheel is already tight.

B-bodies have the little black plastic pucks that go under the seat tracks as a fat washer between seat frame and floor.   I take two of these and put them in front, nothing in the back.   Leans the whole seat back, you get tons of room that way.
69 Hemi Charger 500, 70 U-code Challenger R/T
(Had but now gone...2 A12's, 1 Hemi B-body, 3 other B-bodies, 2 other E-bodies and an A-body...a good run!).  See www.DKowal426.com

P.J. O'Rouke:  "The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

70 Challenger Lover

Two stacked on each of the front mounts or one on each side? The space between the steering wheel and seat is already so tight, I hate to make it tighter if I don't have to but I guess 1/2" isn't much.

Kowal

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on May 10, 2020, 06:26:06 PM
Two stacked on each of the front mounts or one on each side? The space between the steering wheel and seat is already so tight, I hate to make it tighter if I don't have to but I guess 1/2" isn't much.

One on each side.   You will be amazed how a small amount of recline impacts the space available in front of you.    I am 6'5". B-Bodies can be tight and that is how I handled it.   Brings my knees off of the dash, chest away from the wheel, head off the headliner.

You can go the expensive route, the 6-way adjustable seat.   I have that in my Charger 500, creates all kinds of space because the seat can recline and go a little lower.   But a pretty expensive mod.
69 Hemi Charger 500, 70 U-code Challenger R/T
(Had but now gone...2 A12's, 1 Hemi B-body, 3 other B-bodies, 2 other E-bodies and an A-body...a good run!).  See www.DKowal426.com

P.J. O'Rouke:  "The old car ran perfectly, right up until it didn't."

70 Challenger Lover

I'm going to try the black spacer. Easy and inexpensive. I had considered cutting down the metal loop so it's shorter and reclines back more but the spacer would be far easier.

anlauto

If you cut down the black loop it likely wouldn't reach the latch inside of the back of the seat. To see what I mean, remove the black loop altogether and see how much more the seat reclines, I doubt it's very much at all  :alan2cents:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: anlauto on May 11, 2020, 10:59:20 AM
If you cut down the black loop it likely wouldn't reach the latch inside of the back of the seat. To see what I mean, remove the black loop altogether and see how much more the seat reclines, I doubt it's very much at all  :alan2cents:

I hadn't thought of that. I guess I could try it just to see what difference it makes. I'm going to try the spacers soon. My back hates sitting upright so much.