Main Menu

Seat belt help

Started by fireguyfire, September 30, 2021, 07:52:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

fireguyfire

A question regarding how to fix a minor seat belt issue on my 73 challenger.
On my front seat belts, the male (button) side short stiff side of my belts that are up against the console are loose enough on the anchor bolts that they always fall down between the seat and the console, meaning that every time I want to drive the car I have to fish it out from down there which is a pain.
What I would like is that they still have some movement, but stay in the correct location in the bottom corner of the seat when un belted.
Is there a way to make some kind of shims to put on the bolt to add some friction so that the belts aren't so loose that they fall down?

Bullitt-

I got this idea from another car I had. I took a narrow adjustable strap, like might come with a camera, & looped around the belts & under the console to hold them up but still be able to move. 
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

73chalngr

I believe there are small holes in the console , if your car has one near the seatbelts for some kind of strap that is supposed to go around the seatbelt and then plug into that hole to keep them from falling down . Kind of like some of the under the hood wire hold downs .