Main Menu

Seat hinge cover - how are they attached?

Started by DamianC, March 14, 2021, 12:17:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DamianC

Hi guys. How are the seat hinge covers attached on the Challenger buckets? These seats are '73 I believe. I have just finished recovering them, went to fit the new hinge covers I bought, expecting there to be all the things needed to bolt them on in the package, and am missing clips? These seats never had them when I got the car so I was none the wiser. All I see is two square holes where the supplied bolts would align. I have attached a pic. Little plastic push in style clips supposed to be in those holes?

Timmy2Tires

anlauto

Yes or a little plastic push in square with a screw hole, like on headlight bezels

I'm NOT saying these are the ones, but something like this will work..
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71383bee

Quote from: anlauto on March 14, 2021, 02:25:26 PM
Yes or a little plastic push in square with a screw hole, like on headlight bezels

I'm NOT saying these are the ones, but something like this will work..

Exactly.  Usually they come in the kit with the covers.  If not they are similar to license plate fasteners.  If you have a small hardware store like an ace or true value they have a lot of these types in the bins by all the bolts.  Pretty common.  I had trouble with the last set I got from the kits and had to get my own from the store. 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

DamianC