Main Menu

SEHeadliner replacement Hard Board Headliner

Started by jlemler, February 17, 2021, 08:47:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jlemler

I purchased a replacement headliner from https://www.seheadliners.com/headliners/.  Many people have asked me how it was. Fit, quality, ect,. It was 580.00 plus 200 to ship it from Illinois to Rhode Island.  It cam with the fabric already on it, otherwise it would have been 120.00 to buy it from legendary.  So I purchased it with the fabric on it.  According to the shop it was a perfect fit, no hassles.

Bottom line is it looks great attached is the picture of it installed.

Yeya93

I'm not at the stage yet, but how long did it take for your order to arrive so I can have a rough estimate for when I am ready to order?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

jlemler

It took about a month.  When you send him the check it won't be shipped until it cleared.  He also went hunting. I did not order the console with mine.  I had already had it.  He does make those however.  Like I said it was totally worth it.

R/T's 4 R/P

Great to hear.  Mine is a ways down the road, but this gives me hope.
Did you get he sail panels as well?
Does he send extra material for the back window frame?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

jlemler

Mine was a Cuda with the Gran coupe option.  12 years ago my father put the original hardboard headliner in.  He passed away three years ago.  I only used the Cuda occasionally.  I went to start it last October and the entire headliner had sagged.  I decided to just use the repo headliner with the fabric already attached.  The sail panels were fine.

I assume the car you have is the Challenger with the formal rear window.  So I don't know about the extra fabric.  The price I quoted was just for the Cuda headliner with the material.  The material is available from legendary.

I hope this answers your questions.  Also I am sure you have already thought about the fuel relay and map light.  I do have some trim parts and overhead console if you need one.  I also have the bracket.

CudaMoparRay

RacerX

That does look good!

I have been in contact with that Dayclona guy after a few people said his headliners
were the best...

He quoted me $325 for the board and $125 for the console.    Does not include the fabric
so figure another $120.    Said production will resume this summer.

Nice to have another option with seheadliners.com and good to know they came through
with a decent product in a reasonable amount of time!

RUNCHARGER

Not that you can really see it but this one was from Dayclona, it fit great as well.
Sheldon

chargerdon

What years and models came with a hardboard headliner???

My 74 challenger just used headliner fabric...no hardboard.   Putting in a new fabric headliner was a full days work for me and my wife helping.   Headliner material itself was only around $80.   

R/T's 4 R/P

70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

CudaA39

What is their headliner board made out of? 

He quoted me $245 to ship to Pittsburgh...wonder why it's cheaper to ship to Rhode Island?  Maybe I can use your address and just meet the truck midway haha
Check out my 71 Gen3 build:

https://youtu.be/XSDAWczXoZw

2015 Tri-State Stock/Superstock Champion
2017 Monster Mopar Weekend Sunday Pro Winner
2018 Monster Mopar Weekend Friday No Box Winner and 11.50 R/U

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jlemler

Challenger SE 1970 and 1971 came with a hardboard headliner as part of the option.  It had special door inserts, hardboard headliner, leather bucket seats, overhead console with the fuel, seat-belt, and door ajar indicators,map light and overhead light. formal rear window, and special trim around the tail panel (about 3000.00 U.S. dollars if you can find it).  The SE options could be had with other options.  An example would be Challenger RT/SE.

The hardboard headliner was standard with 1970 and 1971 Barracuda gran coupe.  Front leather bucket seats, wood grain inserts on the door and rear panels, overhead console with the fuel, seat-belt, and door ajar and map light overhead light.  This option could come on a Cuda if the black leather front bucket seats were checked of on the order form.  So my seventy Cuda came with front leather bucket seats which triggered the wood grain inserts and hardboard headliner with console.  Easy enough, except for choosing the leather bucket seats with salt and pepper cloth inserts.  Then the wood grain was swapped with a red door and rear panel inserts (I have never seen one I have heard they exist).  this is all I can tell you.

The price of my headliner delivered was 580.00. It was made of fiberglass and material already installed.  I have 4 Yards of material from legendary and it cost me about 120.00 with tax and shipping.  I was going to use it with the original hardboard headliner which is in great condition according to the shop.  I just made the decisions for personal reasons to just replace the original.

This is all I can tell you about my experience with the hardboard headliner.  Feel free to ask anymore questions.

JS29

@jlemler  The red door inserts do indeed exist, I have a nice set of black trim panels with the red inserts. I would trade them for wood grain panels in the same condition. And they were from a car with salt and pepper cloth seats.  :alan2cents:

Yeya93

I have a quick question here,  does the "FOAM BACKED ROLL HEADLINER 3 YARDS -BLACK" from Legendary Auto interiors have enough material to cover the entire headliner, sail panels, rear window piece, and console? Hopefully someone on here can help with that answer. I am going more towards getting one from Day Clona as the price without shipping would add up to $621 with material from legendary; as compared to SE headliner which currently adds up to $925 without shipping (headliner+console+material). I figured a little labor work and some glue I would be able to glue the material onto the headliner myself and save around $300.