Main Menu

SE Headliner Board Repair

Started by fc7cuda, November 05, 2019, 12:46:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

fc7cuda

I have firm bend/wave in my original headliner board that I'm not sure how it happened but I'd like to flatten or straighten it out. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions to correct this?  It does not run very far, but does appear that it will interfere with the windshield upper trim install.

Thanks
Tom

tman

My old headliner was bowing in the middle.  Friend sprayed or misted water on it to soften it up a bit, then weighed that section down.  You don't soak it, just enough to soften it.  Leave the weight on it till it dries.  Worked great for me.  I don't remember what he used for weights, but it was heavy to smash it flat.

fc7cuda

Quote from: tman on November 05, 2019, 01:01:32 PM
My old headliner was bowing in the middle.  Friend sprayed or misted water on it to soften it up a bit, then weighed that section down.  You don't soak it, just enough to soften it.  Leave the weight on it till it dries.  Worked great for me.  I don't remember what he used for weights, but it was heavy to smash it flat.

I have been considering this idea, and was hoping someone would chime in.  Thanks!! :bigthumb:

Chryco Psycho

JS29

If any repairs are needed, Fiberglass and matting work well.  :alan2cents: