Main Menu

SEM Colour Coat paint - Blue ?

Started by anlauto, August 03, 2017, 07:28:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Has anybody ever used anything but black or white when it comes to SEM interior paints ?

I'm looking a 15643 Pacific Blue and wondering if it might be a close match to new Metro door panels ? :thinking:

Metro supplies a white and red spray paint to match their panels, but not blue from what I understand.

Herb's parts, 1970 Bright Blue is awesome for steering columns, small trim, hard plastic dash trim etc....but is too metallic of the interior panels in my opinion.

I was hoping to find a quality blue interior paint that I could use to paint a set of convertible panels for @bpsmopar  to closely match what they were originally and match nicely with Metro door panels. I'm not against painting the new door panels, but would love to avoid that. :brainiac:

Anybody ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

Don't know...  However, just by looking at the blue interior in Dave Walden's Challenger, the blue is a lot lighter then I thought it was.  The SEM 15133 looks closer to that interior color.  :dunno:

Cuda Cody

Matching the color is only part of the battle, the sheen will be another issue.  Like you said, might need to paint all the panels to get a perfect match.  One thing you could do is have your local auto paint supplier mix up a custom mix to perfectly match the new door panel.  They can put the plastic additive in the paint and put it all in a rattle can for you. 

anlauto

I ordered a can of the Pacific Blue today from a local Car Quest...surprised their warehouse had one, so I'll get it later today. :banana: I'll do a spray out on the back of the panels, see if it's close....

If not, I'll try the lighter one Burdar suggested.

I think I'll need something right in between :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

QuoteI think I'll need something right in between :pullinghair:

That's always how it goes...