Main Menu

Shipping seats

Started by 71GranCoupe, May 18, 2024, 07:33:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

I have a set of 70-71 E Body seats and wondering if anyone has tried shipping them. Do they have to be split for shipping or??? Any insight is appreciated. thanks for any suggestions, as I don't want to list them if shipping is difficult or just not practical.

1970A-66Challenger

I bought a set years ago and the seller was halfway across the country from me. He ended up taking the seats apart and shipping them in one large box via Greyhound. I picked up the package at the bus station.  I don't remember the cost but it was reasonable at the time.

BIGSHCLUNK

Here's my opinion. We ship parts just about every day. Two maim plays on shipping is weight AND package size. And rates have really gone up! (we shipped a tail light to New Orleans last week.... $94) Granted is was a big box. And we have an account!  I would take the backs off to make the box (you may be better off shipping in separate boxes) small as possible. 

71GranCoupe

OK, thanks for the suggestions. From what I heard Greyhound no longer does third party shipping, and leaves FedEx-UPS and LTL for shipping. I agree, shipping has went out of sight for anything other than a marshmallow, LOL. I might have to list for local pickup unless the buyer is prepared to indenture their first born.