Main Menu

Shoulder belt storage clips

Started by Scott G, January 31, 2022, 05:00:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Scott G

Does anyone have good pictures and dimensions of the mounting locations for the shoulder belt storage clips on a Cuda? I am adding them to my 71 as it didn't originally have them (added safety for driving), and want it to look as correct as possible. Also, does anyone know the correct mounting screws to use for them?

Thanks.

Scott

headejm

FWIW - not a Cuda but a 1970 Challenger. Seems like these clips should be in the same approximate location on both models.  :notsure:

Marty

1970 Barracuda. Center screw to screw.

1/2" from the center of the screw to the top of the pinch weld.  Pan head S/M.

anlauto

The holes should be there, every 1971 Cuda hardtop came with them :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

tedsweet

Scott G

OK, those holes are there on mine.  I guess my confusion is, those don't line up at all with the clips that I found.  I ordered 445-2850-SB Black from Roseville, and the metal portion of the clip is very different in design than that.  It uses two horizontal holes vs vertical holes for it.

https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product/shoulder-belt-clip-kit-black-67-74-abce/

Does anyone know if these are the wrong clips then?

anlauto

The clips you've pictured above are correct and screw into the mounting brackets Marty pictured above. :alan2cents: One under the headliner, and one on top of the headliner.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scott G

Thanks anlauto, that makes sense.  Now to find a set of those brackets.

Claudia

Below is a closer picture of the mounting brackets that are needed if it helps out.  A total of four of these mounting brackets are needed and get mounted to the roof structure first with screws.

Headliner then goes on over these four brackets.

Next, the four clips and covers (second picture below) will get mounted through the headliner into the mounting brackets (first picture).

Scott G

Thanks everyone.  I found someone who had an extra set of the brackets I was missing.  Should be here soon.