Main Menu

steering wheel restoration?

Started by ec_co, January 21, 2017, 11:59:55 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

7E-Bodies

Any recent updates to this topic? I'm getting ready to have a rim blow done. It's in pretty fair shape. No cracks, just wear and fade. Rim switch is shot.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Rich G.

Gary's did my friends rim blow years ago. Very nice and very expensive

Cuda_mark

Gary's did mine too. I came out great. It's all aboutthe condition of the metal plating though..if that is good, then it is worth restoring. If there is pitting, find another core.

7E-Bodies

Through a series of email exchanges, I've felt good about David Tays. His pricing and quick responses have gained him some points as well. My rim blow is actually in very nice condition with great spokes. It's just faded with mild wear, no cracks. Rim blow element needs dug out and replaced, but he knows I already have one to ship with the wheel. If ANYONE thinks I'm making a mistake and just doesn't want to say so here, I respect that. My iphone number is on my profile. Stop me if I'm making a mistake.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

R/T's 4 R/P

Jerome Verbit passed away a year or so ago.  His son was at Carlisle and still does them.  I had a wheel done and was happy with it.  Not technically perfect (not as much graining), but a very nice job at a good price.
There are others...I am just commenting on their work.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT