Main Menu

Foot Operated Window Wash

Started by kent_goins, July 05, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

I have two mounting holes above the foot dimmer switch which appears to be for a foot operated quick burst window spray. Does anyone know if this was standard equipment on 70 Challenger RT's or rare? What option code might this have fallen under? :notsure:

Kent G

Cuda Cody

Challenger RT's all had Ralley gauges and I think that got the power washer?  :thinking:  But not 100% sure.  @6bblgt  might know for sure.  The foot pedal pump was on a lot of cars.  Here's one for sale:

https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-for-sale/9/manual-oem-windshield-washer-foot-pump/2468/

JS29

I have heard the same thing, rallye Gage cluster equipped cars got 3-speed wipers. :alan2cents: 

Slotts

All two speed wiper motor setups had the foot pump. Either of the two types of two speed wiper switches for the E bodies did not have any provision for the electric washer pump. Yes, the rallye dashes all had, either a variable 70-71 or three fixed speed 72-74 wiper, switches that all supported the electric pump motor. You could upgrade to a variable or three speed motor on a non rallye dash that included the switch upgraded and panel name plate changed from WIPER to WIPER/WASH.

Jim 
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

kent_goins

So....referring to Cuda Cody's post....Do you think my 1970 Challenger RT Track Pack 440-4spd car with ralley dash came equipped with the foot washer pump?

KG

Cuda Cody

No, I don't think it was a foot pump.  It should have been a 3 speed wiper and have the washer motor in the washer bottle.  :alan2cents:

MoparDave

couple things to check.
Are there 2 small holes above the foot dimmer ?
Is the switch a 2 speed or 3? 2770380 would be the 3 speed switch.
what type of motor is in place now ?
What reservoir does it have?
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

EV2RTSE

No foot washer pumps on R/T's... Does the car have front & rear torque boxes?

kent_goins

Yes, it has the two small mounting holes above the foot dimmer switch and yes I have torque boxes. Not sure about the wiper motor...I think 3 spd.

KG

anlauto

ALL floor pans have the two mounting holes. Cars with rally dashes never came with foot pumps, but usually have two screws in those holes. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

QuoteALL floor pans have the two mounting holes. Cars with rally dashes never came with foot pumps, but usually have two screws in those holes.

:iagree:  My car has two hex head screws in the floor pan where the foot pump would have been mounted.

kent_goins

ok...thanks all. I will go with no foot pump as the general concensus.

KG