Main Menu

Ultimate Rides Dash Pad

Started by nsmall, January 21, 2017, 11:56:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

Greetings new and old friends. :grouphug:

I have from what I can tell a ABS core dash pad.  Any way to know for sure?  I used a magnet under the dash and it was sticking so I am not sure.  The pad  Looks decent minus the fact its sagging a little near the center speaker and doesn't look "tight" near the windshield.  Ill try to post some pics this week.

The current pad has AC ducts

Thinking about buying an Ultimate Rides Dash for around $850  :takemymoney: at the spring fling as no offense to the owner but I heard its best to look and inspect and buy the pad directly from him. I am assuming he wont want my core as it is not metal so it will be $850 as he gives $150 off if I have a decent core.

Should I go with a NON AC dash as I heard the ducting is a pain to install on some UR dash pads and I dont plan to install an AC?  I have three speakers with covers right now.  Should I just buy a dash pad with one center speaker vs the three speaker dash as this may eliminate potential drama with warp-age/fitment? :clueless:

Thanks

cataclysm80

In person at a show so that you get to walk away with the dash pad when you hand over the money sounds like a good plan.

The AC vents were difficult to install on my Ultimate Rides dash pad because it was a non-AC dash core that they had converted to an AC dash, and they didn't get the holes quite big enough.  I had to carefully cut the metal frame wider within the vent opening.
I don't think they'd have that issue if the dash core had been an original AC car.  That's why it's hit or miss.

Bottom line, if you're really confident that you don't want AC in the car, then don't get a dash pad that needs AC vents.
If you do want AC, then take your center & right dash vents with you to make sure they fit before purchasing.

Having less speaker openings will give you less potential for speaker grill fitment issues.
Do you plan to use those outboard speakers?
What radio do you plan to have in the car?
I was content with the way all 3 of my speaker grills fit onto my Ultimate Rides dash pad.
I enjoy my outboard stereo speakers, but I cut my dash frame to make room for big speaker magnets, so I can run modern aftermarket speakers without difficulty.  I'm also using a modern aftermarket radio.
If you want the small magnet factory sized outboard speakers, check out turnswitch.com

If you don't plan to listen to the radio at all, then you don't need the speakers.   That's up to you.

anlauto

Just buy a single speaker non-AC pad and be done with it. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  If you want to keep it simple and look good, go with a single speaker non AC.   :alan2cents:

blown motor

You could go with a single centre speaker pad and put in a dual voice cone speaker for stereo effect, kind of. I have one ordered, hoping it works well.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel