Main Menu

HellCat Thrill rides

Started by Spikedog08, July 03, 2020, 07:34:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

I must say I am surprised that Carlisle will still have the thrill rides?  Not sure how that will work?   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Rich G.

Can you imagine standing in line in this heat with a mask on! Glad I did it years ago and don't have to go through that again. At least you get to cool off in the car for 10 seconds.

Rdchallenger

I only do it for the free shirt  :dunno:

MEK-Dangerous

I honestly can't see how they will make this work. The line is always long.

Maybe you walk up and get a ticket telling you what time to show up for a ride?

anlauto

How can you "social distance" by sitting in the same car with someone ?  Are the cars thoroughly cleaned in between every ride ?

Carlisle Events / Chrysler whoever made this decision is nuts....it's no wonder that the States is going crazy with this Covid-19 crap...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

I;m in  :bradsthumb:
Oh yeah I can't go  :Thud:

Spikedog08

I was surprised .. I haven't been, watched a lot  . . But the tent they line them up in was like a carnival ride . . Wall to wall people! 

I will not be participating but hope the show is worth the 8 hour ride out ..
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Burdar

IF I were going and IF I wanted to go for a ride...

I'd make sure I was one of the first people there.  I'm usually at the shows really early anyway.(can't sleep the night before in anticipation so I'm up early)  Get in when the gates open and go right over for your ride.

Chryco Psycho

I did that 3 years ago , I was 3rd in line , the track was cold & wet & the tires were cold too , no traction just a big smoke show , no feel of what the car was capable of at all  :Thud: Just a waste of time ....

Ricomondo

My friend and I each went as single riders. The track drivers had masks on and they were asking participating people to maintain social distance while in line. They had 2 Chargers and 2 Challengers. I went in a Challenger and it was awesome!!!!!!!!  Car was sideways in the straightway and he drifted it around the corners.
The track announces said they were only getting 10-14 miles per set of tires. They were actually giving away the tires for free, one per person. And the cars were wiped down on the outside; door handles etc and the seats in between rides.
70' FE5 Challenger T/A
71' GY3 Demon 340

ViperMan

I went on Sunday.  They would let the rider out a bit up the hill, then pull the car around while a few folks wiped down the door handles and such, then would pull around to let the next rider in.  Honestly it was a BUTT load of waiting for 30 seconds of mild exhilaration.  I miss driving the track myself.  :)

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: ViperMan on July 15, 2020, 06:10:24 PM
I went on Sunday.  They would let the rider out a bit up the hill, then pull the car around while a few folks wiped down the door handles and such, then would pull around to let the next rider in.  Honestly it was a BUTT load of waiting for 30 seconds of mild exhilaration.  I miss driving the track myself.  :)

Hey, at least you had the patience to wait in line for 30 seconds of fun. I have always wanted to do thrill ride, but I'm not standing in a long line.