Main Menu

Dash rebuild help

Started by nsmall, September 27, 2017, 09:37:07 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

@Burdar

So my old dash pad wasn't nearly as nice and complete as this one so I have no good reference as I put it back.

In picture number one and two it seems like I could put a screw into the pad through this speed nut.   Yes or no?

In picture number 3 and 4 I'm assuming I put a speed nut over the frame and secure the pad to the frame that way.  Yes or no?

anlauto

YES and YES, the screw the shows on the outside of the pad on the passenger side should be black.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Burdar

It should probably have a wide head on it too...so it doesn't pull through the vinyl.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

nsmall

Thanks for all of your help as it's turning out pretty nice.

As for the driver side trim I'm concerned that when the dash goes in it could break or crack as its original. Do you think I'll be okay just to leave it out and try to hopefully get it in there once the dash is installed?

1 Wild R/T

That trim isn't to difficult to install after... But it's pretty safe to install it before installing the dash too....

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 28, 2017, 10:55:15 AM
That trim isn't to difficult to install after... But it's pretty safe to install it before installing the dash too....
:iagree:  It won't give you any problem.  Go ahead and put it on.

anlauto

Assembly the dash 100% on the bench BEFORE installing in the car.....you'll be fine. :alan2cents:

Burdar

It looks like a little trimming of the foam would let that trim piece fit a little better.