Main Menu

Battery Relocation, Vintage Air, Hotwire Harness

Started by rebelyell, October 24, 2022, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

rebelyell

I wondered what that box did!

Aaaaand there goes another $100

Filthy Filbert

I plan to use the holley computer and harness since the tuner I use for Dakota stuff (5.9/360 gas V8 engines) says the holley stuff is pretty easy to use.

Will need to investigate to see if it has an OBD-2 port, or any kind of outputs that I can wire to an OBD-2 plug.

Filthy Filbert

Well that settles it! I'm going with the Dakota digital dash!   

rebelyell

Found out today from Hotwire and confirmed with Dakota Digital that the OBD BIM adapter will not output oil pressure to the DD gauges. Have to run a separate sensor.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Dmod1974

Quote from: rebelyell on October 27, 2022, 01:03:02 PM
Found out today from Hotwire and confirmed with Dakota Digital that the OBD BIM adapter will not output oil pressure to the DD gauges. Have to run a separate sensor.

No, you don't. I have one and it works fine. Mine was an older one that I had to send back for a firmware update. Their tech support is spotty ; I had to go in circles with them before I got a hold of someone who knew what they were talking about.

rebelyell

I already bought the module anyway. I'll plug it up and try it whenever the time comes.