Main Menu

Hemi Swap: Transmission choices for Gen III 392 Hemi

Started by 392 Cuda, November 07, 2018, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudaragtop

Quote from: 392 Cuda on March 26, 2020, 12:10:11 PM
@cudaragtop How'd it go?

No progress on the transmission. I bought a 4000 mile 8HP70 and console out of a 2018 SRT Challenger.
Been working on the Electric Power Assisted Steering while the engine is in the car. Still has the 727 attached.

Have an Ididit tilt column that I am adapting to an EPAS Electric Power Steering motor with mopar 16:1 manual box from Firm Feel.
Used the stock column to test fit everything. Now I need to transfer measurements to the Ididit column and cut it down.

Also got the wireless paddle shifters from Sound German Automotive. adds another 1" space from the column to the wheel. 

This is the stock firewall steering column mount plate. I used it as a patern on my bench top router table and cut a new plate out of aluminum and relocated the pass through a little lower to give more clearance to the steering shaft from the valve cover.

Cutting out the aluminum on the router.

Powertrain Control Solutions Paddle Shifter
Black Anodized 5/6-Bolt Paddle Shifter Kit w/Display and Quick Connect Harness
Part No.A-PS2001
Of course the paddles will be behind the wheel.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

392 Cuda

Looks fancy!

I just picked up a new quick ratio manual steering box from P-S-T for my a-body.

I'm hoping that tightens it up enough, but I am curious about the electronic power steering.

roadrunninmark