Main Menu

Holley Engine Mounts - question

Started by TripleBlk70, August 15, 2024, 07:48:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

TripleBlk70

I see people talking about Holley Engine mounts for their Gen 3 hemi and looking on their site I see these:

Hooker Blackheart Engine Mount Brackets�
https://www.holley.com/products/engine_swap_parts/hemi_swap_systems/parts/BHS566

Which are not Holley branded obviously. Are these the right ones for a 392/6.4L hemi? Looks like it based on the description but if there's something else better that people are using I'd appreciate any direction or feedback.

Moparlifer

Blackheart is a division of Holley.
These mounts move the engine forward about 1.5 inches.
I get rid of mine and got TTI mounts and headers.
My 2c

Katfish

Plan out your swap, if you go with Holley mounts, most likely will need to use their headers.
I bought the Holley mounts,then found out they wouldn't work with my TTI headers.
IMO, the TTI mounts/headers are a better route.
Keeps the engine in stock position, so no issues with exhaust and transmission.

Moparlifer

Funny I did the same thing. Got rid of the Blackhart mounts and Holley SS headers and went TTI.
I found the TTI header's outlet flange hangs way low down below the k-frame and oil pan. You can get the 6-degree offset collectors from TTI special order i think to kick the collector pipe back-up a bit. But the headers flanges will still be so LOW.
I raised-up the back of the transmission (and motor) about 3 degrees to get the header flanges tucked-up higher and to get the angle speced for the TKX 5-speed.
Raising the trans/engine rear to lift the header flange up close to the floorboards required me to cut the tranny crossmember and box it and had to mod top right side of the tunnel to clear the top right corner of the tranny case.
In fact, I pulled the whole tunnel and got a holley tremec 6-speed tunnel kit and modified that. it all fits but i will need to shim the rear axle 3-degrees now to match the engine/tranny angle.
You could use the stock trans crossmember without modification I believe but the TTI headers flange will hang low.