Main Menu

Holley G3 swap Blackheart motor mounts

Started by 71340RT, June 23, 2022, 06:58:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71340RT

I'm going to be using the Holley Blackheart Gen3 hemi swap mount plates on my 392 crate motor for my 1973 Challenger swap. I have been told it moves the engine forward 1 inch and wonder if there are any problems with the 45 degree oil filter adapter and if it will allow the transmission to be easier to install clearance wise. I will be using the A41 silver sport 4 speed automatic so it may work to my advantage except for the transmission mount. Silver sport says it may work or the transmission crossmember may have to have the bolt holes opened up. If anyone has done this it would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any information about this swap using these parts. Thanks in advance. Jeff
1971 Challenger RT 340 auto 1 of 731
1973 Challenger Rallye 392 Hemi A41 4 speed automatic
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi auto

b5cuda

I'm planning to use those mounts with my 5.7 swap. Following this discussion, does anyone have firsthand experience?

Katfish

What kind of headers do you plan to use?
I bought the Holley mounts, then found they wouldn't work with the TTI shortie headers I bought.
So I had to buy the TTI motor mounts

71340RT

I was thinking of using the Jeep SRT manifolds that came on my crate motor but not sure what problems I may have with the standard power steering gear box. If not I guess I will have to use Holley headers to work with the mounts.

71340RT

Quote from: 71340RT on June 25, 2022, 08:28:55 PM
I was thinking of using the Jeep SRT manifolds that came on my crate motor but not sure what problems I may have with the standard power steering gear box. If not I guess I will have to use Holley headers to work with the mounts.
.       Test fit the engine and found the Jeep SRT manifold hits the stock factory gear box. I have ordered the Holley hooker black heart headers as they are made to use on my 1973 challenger with power steering. Here are a few pictures of the test fit.

Swamp Donkey

I went with TTI headers and their motor mounts.  Only variable I'm throwing into the equation is I'm using a QA1 k-member.   I guess we will see what happens. 
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

Filthy Filbert

I'm trying to read up as much as I can from guys who have done, or are in the middle of, this swap.

I'm leaning towards everything Holley right now...  Engine mounts, trans cross member and mount, and headers, all in 1 package. 

any new feedback on the holley mounts since June?

71340RT

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on August 23, 2022, 09:58:25 AM
I'm trying to read up as much as I can from guys who have done, or are in the middle of, this swap.

I'm leaning towards everything Holley right now...  Engine mounts, trans cross member and mount, and headers, all in 1 package. 

Still waiting on my Hooker headers which they said would ship July 13 and then August 23 2022 but they never shipped. These are US made but I'm being told it is a supplier problem with the stainless steel tubing.

rebelyell

That's one of the reasons I'm glad I went with TTI/Bouchillon. Everything I needed was still on the shelf somewhere.

Filthy Filbert

Quote from: 71340RT on August 31, 2022, 06:51:17 PM
Quote from: Filthy Filbert on August 23, 2022, 09:58:25 AM

Still waiting on my Hooker headers which they said would ship July 13 and then August 23 2022 but they never shipped. These are US made but I'm being told it is a supplier problem with the stainless steel tubing.

Nice. :thumbdown:

I just ordered my mounts and headers, the mounts arrived pronto, the headers... no word.

71340RT

My back ordered hooker blackheart headers finally got here and I got time to try and set the engine in. The headers are tight on the drivers side and took a hour to get the drivers side in and headers bolted up. One tube only has 3/8 inch clearance between it and the power steering gear box. There is not a lot of room on the E body Challengers so everything is tight and the engine must be raised to just the right height to get the header in and bolted up. Here are a few pictures I took.

71340RT

I got the transmission ready to install and found out the Holley mounts that move the engine forward 1 inch work great for tunnel clearance only had to bend the pinch weld on the drivers side as there was very little clearance and was going to hit the transmission. The other problem was the silver sport transmission mount will have to be modified for everything being forward 1 inch. Take a look at the picture of the mount.

Filthy Filbert

Looks good!    I wonder how many sets of headers they had come in, and how many were backordered.   Still no word on my headers that were ordered in mid-August

rebelyell

Looking good! Did you drop it in from the top with the headers on? Or did you set the headers loosely in place then drop the motor in?

71340RT

Quote from: rebelyell on October 26, 2022, 06:18:35 AM
Looking good! Did you drop it in from the top with the headers on? Or did you set the headers loosely in place then drop the motor in?
I left the headers off and put the passenger side motor mount on first so the drivers side could be lifted so I could slip the header on then put the passenger side motor mount on. The passenger side header I left off for ease putting the transmission in and will put the passenger side header next. I got the transmission bracket modified and have a couple of pictures to show how much it is extended. Once it is painted black I will post pictures of it installed on my Challenger.