Main Menu

I have the opportunity to buy a Hellcat engine.

Started by Swamp Donkey, November 07, 2017, 03:38:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RUNCHARGER

I really think that is good value on the crate engine. No backyard engineering there and they're proven.
Sheldon

cudaragtop

Saw this posted on G3 Hemi Swap FB Page. Don't know anything about the site but the price looks good.
Hellcat Crate for $14999.99 A2Speed.com

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Swamp Donkey

That is a great price.  The auto wrecker one I found would need probably at least another 2500 in parts. Of course being  :canada: adds an immense amount to this project.

1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

HP_Cuda

Knowing the status of the motor is better than taking a chance and spending huge $$$ trying to get it going.

Kinda makes me chuckle when I go around the shows and see someone selling a early Hemi motor for 25k+ and I think to myself I wonder how much welding/sleeving had to be done to get this one back together. They were rode hard and put away wet.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

MoparDave

FOR those that are interested here in the HELLCRATE weekend deal - I will be making a general post on this as well.

this offer may expire after cyber Monday 27th

What you get
1  707HP HELLCRATE production assembly. 68303089AA $ 19,530
1  Electrical engine kit 77072452AB $ 2,195
1  Alternator Kit 77072492 $ 675
1  Right and Left cover  $ 214
SAVING FORUM MEMBERS Just over 5800.

weekend deal is 16,800 and a 300.00 credit to be used toward shipping.

you cant build A 700hp engine at least a mopar for this kind of money with the reliability this will give you. IN STOCK ready to go. 

If ordering you MUST call Me on Monday at 586-859-2575 direct to get this pricing.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Chryco Psycho

Do you ship to Panama !!  :takemymoney:
I wish I could !
I assume you still need to swap the oil pan out ?
Great deal !!

MoparDave

Anything can be shipped just depends on the $$$$$

Pan, most likely.

here is what is in the 2 kits.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

RUNCHARGER

I hate to say it but that's a great deal. This is going to sound weird but if I was building a bracket racer I would jump on that deal. I beat the bushes for good deals on my last 528 Hemi and I had about $18k in it which was pretty cheap for what I had. It didn't make 707HP though although it would have with a camshaft change but this Hellcat is obviously better engineered and will make that 707 any time you need it with no fuss at all.
Sheldon

Racer57

I have no intent on buying it, but I have a dumb question.... What has to be purchased/fabricated/modified to mount the engine in an E body ? 

303 Mopar

Quote from: Racer57 on November 25, 2017, 03:04:08 PM
I have no intent on buying it, but I have a dumb question.... What has to be purchased/fabricated/modified to mount the engine in an E body ?

Here is the write up from the 392 Hemi swap I did a year ago.  The Hellcat engine will be similar, but you will need an intercooler, a variable speed wiper motor and a bulge/T/A type hood to clear the supercharger.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/modern-hemi-swaps/26/392-hemi-swap-2016/67/

Racer57

Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 26, 2017, 06:24:44 AM

Here is the write up from the 392 Hemi swap I did a year ago.  The Hellcat engine will be similar, but you will need an intercooler, a variable speed wiper motor and a bulge/T/A type hood to clear the supercharger.

I had forgotten about that write up. Thats a great job !  :wowzers:  Was there ever a point about 1/2 way through you thought... "WTF was I thnking ?!?!? "  or had to just walk away from it ? I've had some big projects in the past that worked out really great, but no way did I want to have to do them again.  :D     

303 Mopar

Quote from: Racer57 on November 26, 2017, 07:01:27 AM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on November 26, 2017, 06:24:44 AM

I had forgotten about that write up. Thats a great job !  :wowzers:  Was there ever a point about 1/2 way through you thought... "WTF was I thnking ?!?!? "  or had to just walk away from it ? I've had some big projects in the past that worked out really great, but no way did I want to have to do them again.  :D   

It was actually just the opposite, all the stars aligned and everything fell into place to pull off the deal.  We had the 340 out and the 392 in and running in 5 days.   

HP_Cuda

This is one hell of a deal now if I had the room and project to put it in.

:banana: :burnout: :banana:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Brads70

Quote from: HP_Cuda on November 26, 2017, 10:47:16 AM
This is one hell of a deal now if I had the room and project to put it in.

:banana: :burnout: :banana:

:iagree:  That price is a game changer if I was in the market for a new engine.  :unbelievable:

Chryco Psycho

Hmmm squeeze it into my Caravan & change to Rear wheel drive !!! :rofl: