Main Menu

1st Mopar but 2nd try

Started by Dobbers70, April 27, 2023, 08:30:15 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Great deal, nice to see that once in awhile!  :clapping:

7E-Bodies

Look for more build sheets above the glove box, in the bucket seat backs. I found my second build sheet in the backrest of the drivers seat.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Dobbers70

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on April 27, 2023, 04:35:16 PM
Look for more build sheets above the glove box, in the bucket seat backs. I found my second build sheet in the backrest of the drivers seat.

The one I found was in the backrest of the drivers seat. There wasn't anything in the back seats.
I have not checked above the glovebox yet

Cuda Cody

That's a crazy good deal for $10k!   :bravo:

jimynick

Good for you! Now dash out and buy a lotto ticket while the good fortune is running!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

7E-Bodies

I've heard of rare occasions where they are found under the carpet as well.
Meanwhile, Barry Washington runs a great website trying to get items to the rightful owners of cars like ours. He provided to me (free) documentation on my 70 Challenger RT dating back to the mid 70's. Please reach out to him with the 383 car build sheet. Also, I'm near Peoria IL and see you're in IL as well. Reach out if you ever need anything.
Here's a link to Barry:
https://www.hamtramck-historical.com/foundByYearPlant70.shtml

Dobbers70

Thanks.
I actually came across that site last night and have already filled out the registry and included the build sheet I found with it.
When searching his "found" section...I came across something for my vin as well. It says "miscellaneous prior history from 1978-1992" but not sure what that would be.

7E-Bodies

Same as my car showed. It was two documents registering my car for a well known car club of the time. Including the name/addresses of those owners. Huge info. You'll have to prove ownership with Barry and he's not real fast on emails, but a great guy. I made a couple donations to him for his good work as he mentions cost of doing all this. Definitely follow through and grab those documents. Put me down for a future contact and I'll share my docs he sent me with your email.
kjc1970rt@gmail.com

Kevin
Peoria IL

Dobbers70

Been busy and still haven't clean the exterior but here's a few more pics. I can't believe how good the seats cleaned up.

Dobbers70

The car received its first bath in over 20 years and hit the road for the first time since 1996.
She runs great with a whole new fuel system including tank, lines, edelbrock pump, and edelbrock av2 carb. Guzzling down that 110 like it's brand new

JH27N0B

Looking good!
Are you in the Chicago area/Northeast IL?  Chicagoland Mopar Connection has shows coming up next month and July, good chance to get it out and show it off!
https://www.chicagolandmopar.com/event
Is that a real T/A hood on it?  Be careful if you are keeping it propped up all the time.  I took the hood springs off my T/A and left the car in my garage with the hood propped up using a baseball bat.  It ended up warping or leaving a twist in the hood that had to be fixed when the car was restored.
Best to just prop up when you need to work under the hood, and close it the rest of the time so it doesn't get warped.  :alan2cents:

70_440-6Cuda

Incredible buy!!!  Congrats!!  Looks great!  I never understand how cars just sit like that....
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

Lunchbox

Wow nice buy! Looks clean. Any under the hood photos?

Dobbers70

Yes I'm in Frankfort il.
The hood is not a true t/a hood. It's in pretty bad shape and could use a new one.
I need to do brake lines before I go too far with it. I've also been having a hard time finding a starter to fit with the headers. I tried the mini and it hits, so I bought the hitorque that is supposed to be in a stock casing....but it's actually longer and hits the header. I guess next step is to jump another 100 and get the clockable nose peace....or just forget about a high torque all together and save myself some cash

Dobbers70

it still has the Mopar nationals stickers on the windshield from 85-86-87