Main Menu

Forgive me, I am old and slow......

Started by Oldschool, January 10, 2017, 08:52:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

Quote from: Oldschool on January 10, 2017, 10:11:14 AM
In the words of the old boxing referee, Mills Lane,  --  "Let's get it on!!"....   :toast:

are you sure that wasn't Barry White .....  :D
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Oldschool

Quote from: ec_co on January 10, 2017, 10:31:47 AM
Quote from: Oldschool on January 10, 2017, 10:11:14 AM
In the words of the old boxing referee, Mills Lane,  --  "Let's get it on!!"....   :toast:

are you sure that wasn't Barry White .....  :D

A valid point sir.....    :ohyeah:

Brads70

Marc70challenger

Spikedog08

Quote from: Oldschool on January 10, 2017, 09:59:59 AM
Quote from: ChallengerHK on January 10, 2017, 09:57:20 AM
I don't think you're old or slow, but you have a car that's pretty and fast  :yes:

Thank you sir. Alas, my car is a lowly "A" body and doesn't quite measure up to the "E" bods..... :wrenching:

Oh no . . I cannot let this go with out a response . . . And that is. . . .  Seriously?   :P. We let you park with us when you showed up at Carlsile . . . I think this is the year you return!  Cody is coming, topcat is planning . . Viperboy and Ashley have some secret plans for Saturday lunch that they will not even share with me?

wtf?  lol.  :thinking:

But I'm on vacation!  lol.
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

Man!  This year looks to be a GREAT year to go to Carlisle.   

And really? a lowly "A" body, HA HA.  Not sure you're going to get much sympathy from us.  Your Car ROCKS!!!!  Can't feel sorry for you man.  :no:

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: Oldschool on January 10, 2017, 08:52:36 AM
I finally learned of this new site and came to check it out. Sorry it took so long, but at my advanced age, I am just glad I made the discovery. So far, it looks great... :ohyeah:

Welcome Ken Glad you made it over with one of the fastest Cudas on the site 

Oldschool

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 10, 2017, 07:28:40 PM
Quote from: Oldschool on January 10, 2017, 08:52:36 AM
I finally learned of this new site and came to check it out. Sorry it took so long, but at my advanced age, I am just glad I made the discovery. So far, it looks great... :ohyeah:

Welcome Ken Glad you made it over with one of the fastest Cudas on the site

Thanks Neil.

I took the car to a local small 1/8 mile track just to play with it a little bit back in mid November. I went 6.04. That was actually a little quicker than I thought it would run with the converter that is in it. Hoping to get it in it's natural habitat this spring and made some runs down the 1/4 mile. I iwll keep you posted...    :driving:

Cuda Cody

:rubeyes:  WOW that's moving!!!!!   Nice time.  How were your 60' times?

Oldschool

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 11, 2017, 08:26:47 AM
:rubeyes:  WOW that's moving!!!!!   Nice time.  How were your 60' times?

A relatively slow 1.42 60' time. That thing flat out hustles once it gets moving. The converter is is too tight for a great track time. It is a 3800 stall Continental converter. A 5000-5500 and a trans brake would make that thing flat out leave the line, but that takes away the street manners and I drive all over the place spring-fall...

Cuda Cody

That's a really good 60' for a car that can still be driven on the street!!!!

HP_Cuda

That's like a 9.56 quarter mile time, that's moving!

Sounds like you have a puller, meaning a top end car. How's the launch going?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

BIGSHCLUNK

Ken, ol' guys ROCK! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!  8)

MOPAR FANATIC

:wave: ken ya old dog,been a long time,ever get your engine put back together?been quite some time ince iv'e been on any forums.great to see/here from ya again,Dave....