Main Menu

Formal check in From snowy Eastern Washington

Started by 71GranCoupe, January 10, 2017, 11:56:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Got some time. so doing a formal check in here on a new great looking site. I see many old familiar names along with many new ones, great to see everybody!

I subscribe to CODY'S You Tube channel and that is how I found the new place to hang my hat. Can't wait for it to come together, just fantastic.

I have been into E-Bodies before graduating High School. Use to go down to the local Dodge dealer at least once a month. My dream car at the time was the 70/71 Hemi Challenger convert. Dad was getting ready to buy a car and I just happened to have a flyer of the dream car. Well, he did go to the dealer and came back with a Coronet RT 440. He said, those Challengers are like $5500 for one, I can by two of these. Oh well. That is the closest I have gotten the a Hemi Vert as far as ownership. By the time I graduated they were long gone, but my first Challenger was a 1970 Lime Green Six-Pack car. The fuel crisis came along 3 years later and the 3 tank a day Challenger went down the road. Since then I have had a few others, but my best is the Dealer Promo car I found in the early 80's. It is a 2 tag car and survivor, original paint and 68k on the clock and still has the GoodYear Polyglass and 15" tires/wheels as well. It had every option installed on the car at the date of production.  PW, Cruise, rear defroster, luggage rack, delay off headlights, AM-FM, 6 way seat, AC are the ones that really stick out.

Currently I am working on a 71 Gran Coupe N code car. Not many of them around and trying to find parts has been a challenge. Have not done much with it lately, but I do have a stack of AMD metal I picked up from Dave at Roseville.  Looking for the 2 lower rear textured back window trim pieces. I have the other 3.

I am usually in Vegas for the winter and business brought me back before Thanksgiving and probably not heading back until mid February. What a year to have to winter over here in Spokane, over a foot of snow, and still snowing. I do have some project cars that will need to find a new home when/if spring ever shows up.

Again, glad to see old acquaintances and the many new ones, have errands to run and have to deal with that ugly four letter word, SNOW.

Happy New Year to all

1971GranCoupe

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Roadman

Welcome aboard.      :rebelflag"                :welcome:

Cuda Cody

:welcome: @71GranCoupe   Glad you checked in with us.    Lets see some photos of where you're at on your project.  You're a hardcore E-Body guy so lets get that car done!!!   :popcorn:

headejm

ec_co

:welcome:

Spokane only has a foot and you are worried? when I lived there (born and raised in Spokane, moved out @ 9 years ago) typical winters were still 1-2' through Jan/Feb. I don't miss the constant snow cover at all, its one reason I love Colorado - drops and disappears within @ 48-72hrs.   I just learned today that one of my co-workers is relocating there next month
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cudakiller70

71GranCoupe

Quote from: ec_co on January 10, 2017, 01:14:20 PM
:welcome:

Spokane only has a foot and you are worried? when I lived there (born and raised in Spokane, moved out @ 9 years ago) typical winters were still 1-2' through Jan/Feb. I don't miss the constant snow cover at all, its one reason I love Colorado - drops and disappears within @ 48-72hrs.   I just learned today that one of my co-workers is relocating there next month

Back around 2008/2009 when Spokane had two record years of snow, over 8', I told the wife when I am not working full time, we will be miles from here. Yes, one foot is not much, but with the blowing wind and the drifting snow, we had 3+ feet snow drifts. And to top it off, I sold my plow truck and blade two years ago, so it is not as easy as you think.  Viva Las Vegas  :cheers:

Chryco Psycho

ec_co

I don't blame at all. it seems the older I get, the more I hate the cold
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!