Main Menu

Hello from Greater Cincy

Started by Jeff McKain, December 17, 2019, 07:02:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Here's another welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: and thanks for the great stories, I love that kind of stuff. You'll have lots of  :needphotos:  until you show us the AAR.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

nsmall

Thanks for joining.  I love the kinder pic in front of the challenger.  Good luck with your AAR you lucky guy.

Jeff McKain

If memory serves, it was original paint - I know the "wad-o-weld" where the quarters meet the roof was certainly OEM! Dad put new carpet in it and painted the plastic door panels with Plasti-coat or similar paint to freshen them up - sort of his mad scientist car I guess. It was really rare, middle
Brother and I really ticked that he sold it without calling us, we were pretty well known MoPar freaks in the Pittsburgh area...  and yeah - my understanding is he got divorced and had to sell it.

Funny part - I think he lied on the title about what he paid, so she took him to court for [(sales price - stated purchase price) / 2].  It looked like he made tens of thousands selling it to Europe but he had actually lost money! 🤦🏻‍♂️  Beware the single lady in the Purple Cuda near PGH!

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome to the forum! cool story!
Joe

Chryco Psycho

Welcme to the site from Panama  :wave:

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on December 17, 2019, 07:09:49 AM
I remember reading a story about someone finding a Challenger with butterflies on it  :thinking:

Welcome  :welcome:

I remember that car too from CC.com . I did a search and came up with this .....

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=118070.0

I also remember a post talking about the owner wanting to remove the butterfly...?

@Jeff McKain   Welcome to the site, lots of great people on here!  :wave:

Jeff McKain

yeah - that's Dad's Challenger... oldest brother sold it, Dad didn't find out until about 6 weeks later when the neighbor asked my Dad how much he got for it... that was a bad day.