Main Menu

Hello from Toronto

Started by boydsdodge, March 03, 2019, 03:32:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

boydsdodge

Hello, Jackson here from Toronto, going to be getting back to working on my Challenger soon after a few years wrapped up while I worked on other peoples Mopars and my own.
Aiming to have the Challenger back into the shop after this current Charger project and next Satellite are completed.
My Challenger is a 1971 318, 904, 8.75, bucket seats, console rallye wheels. I am second owner.
I have repaired the rust that grew while stored in a Toronto under ground from mid to late 80s through to my ownership in 2001, seems the superintendent thought he was helping by rinsing the car off when the dust build up got thick. Oh well he meant well.
I have all the body welding done, new 408 engine built and broken in, 5 Speed Tremec Trans and a 3:73 rear, to all be installed as soon as I can get back at it. The suspension is a mix of Firm Feel and Hotchkis pieces. Hopping to keep it stock looking with a bunch of great performance. I have let it sit far too long while I worked on clients projects and my other Mopars. They are 1967 Coronet 440 wagon, 383 4BBl 3 seat AC car, and my 1974 Swinger triple black car that I bought with my wife way back in 90. I added a pic of my Challenger soon after I got it running and cleaned up back in 2001.
Great looking site here. All ways great to meet and help other Mopar owners, maybe I can be of help, I know I'll be looking for some help in the future.
Thanks.

J-Code Jeni

Hello Jackson & Welcome to the site! Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge!  :ohyeah: Love that green!!

Be sure to check out all the features- Member Map, Prize Shop, Resources, this site has it all but, the best part is the terrific people!  :grouphug:

Brads70

Hi Jackson,Welcome!  :wave: I still have those rims I bought from you when I first bought my Challenger in 2008 I think it was. Now going on my 1971 Javelin. Do you still have your Wagon? I seem to see it at Carlisle often. Cool ride I love it, you should post a picture of it. I assume your new garage is finished long ago. When I was there it was just framed in with roof and siding on.

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from Chilliwack B.C.
Sheldon

nsmall

Thanks for sharing the picture and short story.

Your Challenger looks great in that photo with those wheels. That green is beautiful.   :bradsthumb:

408=Fun!!!

Jay Bee

:wave:  Welcome from St. Catharine's  :canada:

boydsdodge

Hello Brad, I always miss you at Carlisle.
The Garage you would have seen was one of the custom garages I was building in the lane here. I have done 5 since then, each fancier then the last.
Here is a pic from last years Saturday night at Carlisle.

boydsdodge

Hello, are you going to the Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow this April?
I go every year to the Willow Springs and Van Nuys show. I see your right down the street from Willow so i thought I'd ask.

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard from Atlanta! Love your Challenger.
Joe

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the site @boydsdodge   :welcome:   Cool Challenger!!!   :twothumbsup:

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Cambridge, Ontario. That alley looks familiar; is it in Little Portugal in Tarana? Not behind St.Clarens by any chance? That'd be weird as my buddy's garage is on the alley there.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

750-h2

anlauto

You found the best E Body web site in the World....welcome from Georgetown, ON :canada: :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Welcome from Stratford, ON. Hope to see you at Moparfest.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:
Looks like a fun project !!