Main Menu

Hi from Massachusetts

Started by WhiskeyRebel, April 17, 2020, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JS29

:welcome: From central New York, That is a nice  work space you have.  :handshake:

CudaMoparRay

:welcome: From Riverside California

RUNCHARGER

That hood is going to make a huge impact on how good your car looks. That WP has been machined because at one time it was on a big block that was mounted in a car by "elephant ears". These did away with the stock style mounts and had a piece of aluminum mounted between the WP housing and the block and then down directly to the front frame rails, most likely an A-body.
Sheldon

ToxicWolf

Nice car. I had a 1973 Challenger back in the day.

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  That hood will look really good on your car.  :twothumbsup:  My original '70 'Cuda was a 383 with a 4-speed.  It ran really strong.  Wish I still had it.  :'(

anlauto

Quote from: usraptor on April 18, 2020, 04:34:19 PM
:welcome: from Utah.  That hood will look really good on your car.  :twothumbsup: 

Yes, I agree, please change the hood quickly  :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

WhiskeyRebel

Thank you all for the warm welcome, the kind words about my garage, and the education about the elephant ears.  I figured it was something like that.

The shop is a work in progress as well. Started building it about 4 years ago and I am almost finished.  Just need to complete installing the propane tank outside and get the heat running. Then I can get organized (my plans for a bench and tool box cover the radiant manifold so I have to get that running before I can set up).  There is radiant in the floor and an overhead blower.  The footprint is 28x40, 3 bays with a half bath in the corner, and a drive in second level.  This is Gracie, one of my hounds laying on the bathroom floor and my antique oil can collection.  The bath has a urinal only.  My wife thinks I am trying to send a message, but really I wish she would pick up a wrench once in a while, at least on the Ford in the corner  ;).  That's a more-door 37 slantback with a 53 8BA flathead, tri-carb.

I have owned the Roadrunner for almost 20 years but was waiting for a place to work on it, since I knew it was a basket case and needed lots of sheet metal.  Originally a pretty basic 383 four speed car, silver with a vinyl roof, bench seat.  The nice set of buckets I put in the Challenger came in that but I want to go back to a bench in the RR so they were perfect donors.  Car came with a 440 that I have built up, 30 over with aluminum Edelbrock heads.  Now I just need a body to put it in. The more I dig into the RR, the more panels need replacing.  It is bad, at least the back half.  Rails are good, floors ok and firewall forward is good.  Both hinge pillars need significant patching and the roof is shot (you can see I have a donor I plan to swap).  At times I think I should just go find a cleaner body, but I am also treating it as a challenge and dont want to give up.

Thanks for the encouragement to change the hood on the Challenger.  I've always liked the TA hoods but was hesitant to do it. There is nothing really original on this car so I am just going to make it how I want it.  I'll hang that old one up as wall art.  But that is going to have to wait for now (see the last picture).  I just cant leave well enough alone.  This car was supposed to be a driver while I worked on the RR! Oh well.  I'll start a separate thread on whats going on with the engine pull...

anlauto

Nice looking shop and looks like you'll well equipped to keep everything oiled  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparLeo

:welcome: aboard from Moreno Valley, Ca. Interesting side marker modification. T/A hoods look the best.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Brads70

Nice shop I'm envious!  :drooling: :bradsthumb:  Cute "security system" too even if she is sleeping!

KiraJW

Hello and thank you for the cool photos! :grouphug: