Main Menu

Another member another project

Started by Inmemoryof..., February 27, 2019, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Inmemoryof...

That's a good question.  Going back and forth between keeping it all original or dropping a new hemi in it. The car had been sitting in the garage for 38 yrs untouched. Either way doing a full body restoration on a rotisserie.

Inmemoryof...

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

anlauto

Quote from: Inmemoryof... on February 28, 2019, 06:32:08 PM
That's a good question.  Going back and forth between keeping it all original or dropping a new hemi in it. The car had been sitting in the garage for 38 yrs untouched. Either way doing a full body restoration on a rotisserie.

I think you should restore the body in the same unique colour combination. I think you'll find the colour looks real nice when sprayed out fresh....Then keep in fairly stock looking on the outside so it retains the "look" of your Father's car....but then as you said...New Hemi...AC 4 wheel disc, 5 speed, 17" rallies etc... :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71-440

:welcome:

Welcome aboard from Atlanta! My condolences on the loss of your dad.
Joe

jimynick

Welcome to the site from an old bodyman to a young one. I'm sure that you'll think of your Dad every time you get in that car, no matter which way you go with it.  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

73_Cuda_4_Me

:welcome: to the site, and sorry for your loss! Nice Chally project car to start with, and one hell of a legacy to be proud of! My 73 Cuda was originally Tahitian Gold Poly, repainted by previous owner to Lemon Twist.
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Car will give you memories of your dad everytime you touch it!  That's awesome!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Moparkin

I hope God reduces your pain soon.