Main Menu

Mopar lover in Orlando area

Started by Jgallagh1944, April 03, 2017, 10:15:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

Quote from: Jgallagh1944 on April 03, 2017, 11:06:53 AM
I'll have to dig them out of some old photo albums. I saw the identical car at Mecum Kissimmee last year and was interested till bidding hit six figures.

1965 Dodge HEMI-Charger w/4-speed & red - supposed to have been only one built  :wowzers:

Jgallagh1944

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 03, 2017, 12:17:37 PM
Quote from: Jgallagh1944 on April 03, 2017, 11:06:53 AM
I'll have to dig them out of some old photo albums. I saw the identical car at Mecum Kissimmee last year and was interested till bidding hit six figures.

1965 Dodge HEMI-Charger w/4-speed & red - supposed to have been only one built  :wowzers:
The one I saw at Mecum was a clone built in upstate NY. The owner did a beautiful job on it. Mine I had to order and it took several months to arrive. It was very plain with bench seats, AM radio, posi-rear. The base model started at $2800, with the hemi package and 4 speed being a $1400 option. It was bright red with a red cloth interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JS29

:welcome: that must have been hart breaking to have lost that car that way! I lost my first e-body thanks to my brother taking  it with out permission.

Jgallagh1944

Quote from: JS29 on April 03, 2017, 02:50:26 PM
:welcome: that must have been hart breaking to have lost that car that way! I lost my first e-body thanks to my brother taking  it with out permission.

I sold a 73 Corvette in 1984 because my 16 year old daughter took it out for a joy ride when my wife and I were out. I just told her that I hoped she enjoyed the ride because the temptation was going away. It was time to sell it anyway; it wasn't a Mopar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimynick

Welcome to the site from  :canada: and if those pics are a representation of your 65, then it was a rare beast indeed! I just sold my 65 2dr ht last summer and there's a wee bit of me that wishes I hadn't.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

cataclysm80

Welcome to the group.
It's nice to see some more South East members.

71GranCoupe

:welcome: I just love the red cars and it is easy to tell you REALLY enjoy them too. Again, welcome to a great site.  :cheers:

mopar thunder

Nice looking cars. I am possibly moving to Bradenton this summer so if I do I will post it up. Maybe some of the forum members can get together.

Chryco Psycho

Welcome  :waving:
Nice Chall  :ohyeah:
The 65 would  be an awsome car to still own ,we all make choices we regret later  :crying:

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!   :waving:  Looks like you will fit right in around here!   Sweet Challenger!   :worship:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!