Main Menu

New 74 Cuda Owner Intro

Started by 74CudaChief, June 20, 2017, 07:20:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

74CudaChief

Hello all,

I just got a 1974 Cuda with 360LA Motor and Trans. It's a complete car +some extras that was taken apart to start restoration.
Shell is in primer, needs both rear quarters replaced along with some other minor metal work.

I live in Washington State on Whidbey Island. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and sharing my build.

I'm going to turn this Cuda into a Pro-Touring car  :burnout:

I'm just starting to research and get ideas based on others "REAL" experience from what works (Other than the ideas from overhaulin and RIDES)

I do know that I will be purchasing and adding a (Level 3 Chassis Stiffening Kit 70-74 E-Body US Car Tool Mopar Plymouth Cuda Barracuda)http://store.uscartool.com/Level-3-Chassis-Stiffening-Kit-70-74-E-Body-US-Car-Tool-Mopar-Plymouth-Cuda-Barracuda_p_155.html
And mini tub!

I'm trying to decide on suspension from HOTCHKIS or QA1.

I think I will stick with the 360LA motor I have. It's in great shape.

Custom interior, but I'm not sure how custom I want to go yet. I do want to update it some.

The first step is getting both rear quarters and tail light panel replaced. Then clean up the body lines and do some metal mods to the front and rear valences. I will probably get 71' fenders and quarters because I like the smaller thin side marker lights.

As soon as I resize the pics I will post them.

Mopar or No Car!  My Mopar: 74 Cuda (Under Construction).  Replacing: Both Rear quarters(1970), Rear Tail light panel, Package tray, LH Trunk extension, Roof, LH A-Pillar, Both Front quarters(1970).
Mods: US Car Tool Level 3 Chassis Stiffening Kit with mini-tubs.

Rev-It-Up

Welcome to the forum!  Congratulations on your new purchase...looks like a fun project.  I look forward to watching the build.  :welcome:
Rev-It-Up

JS29

Cuda Cody

Welcome @74CudaChief   :welcome:  Thanks for sharing some photos of your Cuda.   :clapping:  Looking forward to watching you build your Cuda.  I'm just down the road near the southern border of Washington so we're not to far from each other.  Be sure to check out the big Mopar Estate Auction happening on Aug 1st and 2nd (Ben Snobar).  Might be some good parts for your project.

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome aboard from St. Catharine's, ON  :canada:  Nice plan for your car.

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Looks like a great project car!  Enjoy!   :wave:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

70/6chall

Welcome to the site from the southern tip of the western US in SoCal. Great start for a great car. Keep the momentum going and you'll have your Pro-Tourer before you know it. Welcome again!   Thanks,   Al

CudaMoparRay

Good looking project and plan. Welcome from Sylmar, CA

MoparDave

Welcome, great start you have on that Cuda.  Have fun while building.
Please Email me at daver@manciniracing.com or call 586-790-4100

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah!  Great project.  Keep us posted on your progress!

Chryco Psycho

Welcome  :wave:
Glad you could join us !!

RUNCHARGER

Welcome from Chilliwack B.C. Is the fifth digit in the VIN an L?
Sheldon

jimynick

Welcome to the site from  :canada: As mentioned, nice project!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

74CudaChief

I will have to look. What does that indicate if it does have a "L"?
Mopar or No Car!  My Mopar: 74 Cuda (Under Construction).  Replacing: Both Rear quarters(1970), Rear Tail light panel, Package tray, LH Trunk extension, Roof, LH A-Pillar, Both Front quarters(1970).
Mods: US Car Tool Level 3 Chassis Stiffening Kit with mini-tubs.