Main Menu

Intro/Seeking history for 70 Challenger

Started by medivac, October 28, 2019, 04:17:03 PM

Previous topic Next topic

medivac

Hi everyone, I've enjoyed reading the conversations and resources of the site; the E body knowledge is unparalleled.  Originally from NJ, I've been living in Alaska for the last 25 years.  When my wife and I first got up here, I bought a basket case 70 V code Challenger that I found in San Jose, Ca.  Eventually, I realized the project required skills and money of which I didn't have, so I sold it to Daniel Banker of Coco Beach FL.  I last heard that the car was owned by two brothers some where in Ohio; can't confirm that.  Many years had passed until I acquired my present 70 V code Challenger.  I'd like to publicly thank Barry Washington for his generous help with documentation and Cody Reich for his time and tech support.  JS23V0B283843 was registered in Maine for an unknown period of time until it's registration expired in Nov 1989 with a license plate of "2174V". The next state of known registration was Florida in 2005 when it was sold on Ebay out of Hollywood, FL, followed by Massachusetts and Canada. The car was born FE5 Rallye Red, stripe delete, black vinyl top, white interior, sixpack, 4sp, no console, supertrack pack, and left hand remote mirror. When I bought the car it had been changed to triple black with a red bumblebee stripe. Also has Pioneer TS-692 rear speakers circa 1979-1983. Does this car sound familiar to any of the older crowd (or young)?  Any possible leads or info, I would be very grateful.  Best to all, Ethan

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @medivac   :welcome:   :banana:  Super glad to see you on here.   :woohoo:

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Sorry I don't know anything about your car  but there's a fair chance somebody on the forum might.   :bigthumb:

JS29

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Jay Bee

:wave: Welcome aboard from Ontario  :canada:   Very Nice Chally and good luck tracking down your old car.

303 Mopar

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama Ethan  :wave:
Cool Chall to , thanks for the pix !

340challconvert

:welcome: to the site
Hope some information turns up on the car.
Best of luck with it!  :cheers:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

7E-Bodies

I've been trying to find an old one myself. A 70 440 car and I have way less info than you do. You stand a far better chance and this is the place. You may try hitting people up closer to July as well. Many go to Carlisle and I for one would be more than glad to search there for your car.  I know how it feels. Also, welcome to the best group on the web.

Kevin,
Illinois
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

CudaMoparRay

blown motor

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada: That's a cool looking Challenger, but I might be partial to black and red.  :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

medivac

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  Winter is here and of course that means project time for cars.   Besides changing the factory color from red to black, someone installed a Hurst Super Shifter.  I'm going to return to the stock configuration with a correct rebuilt shifter that I bought from Brewers and replace the air shocks with the stock set up.  There's a good chance that previous owner history, prior to 2005 may show up; the unexpected coincidences have sometimes been astounding!  Kevin, thank you for your offer.  I hope to one day make the trip to the Mopar Nats.  The photo is from a2005 Ebay auction, Hollywood,FL   Ethan

Chryco Psycho

You should remove the V bracket from the rear valance so the licence plate sits under the bumper properly too !

medivac

Chryco P- Good eye.  Yep, that does need to come off.  A previous owner had already removed the rear spoiler in the picture.  A nicer look IMHO.