Main Menu

New happy member

Started by Husk Challenger, January 29, 2017, 07:50:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Husk Challenger

Hey guys,

My name is Cédric, i live in France and i'm happy to join the forum with my first e-body. After 2 years with a Mustang 66 HT 289ci i saw the light and decided to sell it for another dream car.

It's a Challenger 73, H code, swapped with a 383ci, four speed, 8 3/4 with 4.10 rear end.
She's just arrived after a long trip from Arizona.

Now it's time to check and fix what's needed.

++

Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

Cuda Cody

@Husk Challenger   Man, that's a great looking Challenger!!!!  Seems like it's in really nice shape.  How did you find her?

And  :welcome: to the site!  We need to add one more flag!

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: Cedric! We're happy you 'saw the light' and joined the e-body family... & all the way from France! I bet your '73 is one of a very few there. Such a beautiful car- love the white interior against the deep blue!  :twothumbsup:

Be sure to share progress on your inspection and punch list with us. The technical knowledge amassed on this forum is pretty impressive (me excluded  :rofl:); if needed, someone seems to have experience on each & every piece & part and is more than willing to help!

Cuda Cody

:france:  for you my friend!   :france:

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site Husk!  As Cody said . . . Looks like a great car already!  Definitely a nice score!   :waving:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cudakiller70

. :welcome:

HP_Cuda

Tres Bon! What a very nice looking 4-speed Challenger there!!!

:welcome:

Je voudrais le Challenger!!!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

headejm

Bienvenue de Central Illinois! Glad you joined us and good luck with your beautiful Challenger project.  :wave:

71GranCoupe

:welcome: Glad you found your way here. Looks like it was a long journey from across the pond. The blue on your car is just WOW.   :wowzers: :france:  :cheers:

ChallengerHK

Bienvenue. Les e bodies sont les premiere voitures dans le monde.

Apologies for anything I butchered.  :D

Husk Challenger

@Cuda Cody  Thanks Cody.  A french import compagny found the car for me. At start i was looking for a 70-71 H code car with manual speed but my budget was a bit too low for this kind of set up.
The compagny found this one and the combo color/motor/gear box was  pretty interesting....:woohoo:

The car is in good shape, definetly not a show car, but more a good daily one without rust. Some stuff to fix here and there. But first i have to tune the holley carb. This car just needs love...

Btw thanks for this great forum, my knowledge about mopars needs you guys. (And thanks for this little flag!  :france:   :bigthumb: )
I hope my newbee questions won't hurt you.  :thinking:

@J-Code Jeni , @Spikedog08 @Cudakiller70 @HP_Cuda @headejm   Thanks a lot eveybody for your kind words. And your effort in speaking french.  :clapping:
I guess i have to pratice again my english.....  :soshelp:

@71GranCoupe  This blue looks very nice indeed. I don't know if it's a real B5 Blue but i like it, it seems very deep and shiny.

Quote from: ChallengerHK on January 29, 2017, 11:20:23 AM
Bienvenue. Les e bodies sont les premiere voitures dans le monde.

Apologies for anything I butchered.  :D

Thanks @ChallengerHK , it's almost perfect  :bigthumb:

Cuda Cody

I've heard that the shade of B5 Blue changed over the years so it might not look like what you are used to seeing on early years, but might be correct for that year? :dunno: 

@Chryco Psycho  is wizard level when it comes to tuning Holley carbs.  Plus there's a couple of us that know our way around them pretty good too.  So any issues you might be having, just ask and we'll do out best to help.  :twothumbsup:

anlauto

That's a custom colour...looks more like a Viper blue :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Husk Challenger

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 29, 2017, 11:40:34 AM
I've heard that the shade of B5 Blue changed over the years so it might not look like what you are used to seeing on early years, but might be correct for that year? :dunno: 

@Chryco Psycho  is wizard level when it comes to tuning Holley carbs.  Plus there's a couple of us that know our way around them pretty good too.  So any issues you might be having, just ask and we'll do out best to help.  :twothumbsup:

Well, i'll try to tune it best i can and if i have any problem i will request your advice. Thanks.

@anlauto Thanks for the feeback. Indeed it looks like more at this color! Interesting.

I also planned to contact the former owner and ask him few questions about engine specs, fender tag (it's missing) and history of the car. Maybe i will be lucky and have answers.  :notsure:

Cuda Cody

Arizona is know for it's rust free cars.  Lets us know if there's anything we can help with back here in the states? 

Quote from: Husk Challenger on January 29, 2017, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 29, 2017, 11:40:34 AM

Well, i'll try to tune it best i can and if i have any problem i will request your advice. Thanks.

@anlauto Thanks for the feeback. Indeed it looks like more at this color! Interesting.

I also planned to contact the former owner and ask him few questions about engine specs, fender tag (it's missing) and history of the car. Maybe i will be lucky and have answers.  :notsure: