Main Menu

New here

Started by pflug, January 09, 2022, 08:04:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pflug

Although the color seems ordinary I've been online for years and can't seem to find a pic of a hardtop with no vinyl top and a white bumblebee stripe

Probably quite a few burnt orange cars are now purple, lime or orange though

cuda hunter

I had a cuda that was deep burnt orange metallic.
Guy bought it from me and painted it purple. 
Adding a disclaimer, the car below is for color reference. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

DeathProofCuda

:welcome:  Welcome to the site!  Way to hold on for 30 years, looks like a nice project.  I'm in a similar situation to yours.  I've had my 70 383 Cuda since 1988 and it did a long stint in barn jail waiting for time and financial resources.  It's still waiting, but I've at least got it to the point where I can enjoy it as a ratty driver.  Currently tearing it down for some floor plan repair.  Looks like you are getting ready for the same.  Good luck! :cheers:

Kudos on choice to stick with the original color combo.  Burnt orange RT with a white butt stripe will be awesome. :wowzers:

JH27N0B

When I was beating the bushes 25 years ago for a Challenger convertible to buy, I wasn't super thrilled about the color when I finally found a burnt orange with burnt orange interior one I could afford. I was getting frustrated after searching for a couple years, so "settled".
The color certainly grew on me also over the years and I've come to the point where I get a bit tired of seeing high impact color E bodies as at this point, most of them around either originally high impact or were color changed at some time to a high impact color. Burnt orange is pretty nice, in fact I'm a fan of all metallic paint color options on E bodies pretty much evenly across the board now!
White looks great with FK5.  My car looks a lot better with a white top and pinstripes than it would if they were black.

73_Cuda_4_Me

A great big  :welcome: to the site from another Michigander! Awesome project, kudos to hanging on to it and finally getting the itch and resources to start such a worthy project!

:cool: :cool: :cool:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

Spikedog08

Wow cool car!  Welcome aboard!  Glad you signed up!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

70 Top Banana

Welcome from Detroit Michigan. Awesome car and gear color combination. :welcome:

Mopsquad

Welcome from Palm Springs, CA.  That color combo withe the bumblebee will look soooo good!

nsmall

Thanks for introducing your self and car.  Yeah, way to hang on for so many years. Good luck with your project.

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

340challconvert

:welcome: from New Jersey
Great project; glad you kept her all those years

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible