Main Menu

New member from San Diego

Started by 70RTSE383, May 16, 2017, 02:43:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

Welcome from Canada and good luck finishing your newly acquired project!  :wave:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody

Ya, I know... right?  How are these gems getting past me?   :Thud:  I need to keep a closer eye on all the cool cars in my area.  If I would have seen it for sale I probably would had to buy it.   :takemymoney:

Cody,

So many cars up near you slipping right thru your fingers.   :pokeeye:

Remember James I recruited. His was from up there too just sitting by the side of the house.

70RTSE383

Ok I bought the car from a guy in Spokane in early 2014. I have a build sheet for it which is a real kick partly because my 66" Mustang did not have one. Anyway it was originally a Top Bananna with black top and int. it has an auto, console, A/C p/s, power drums, rear sway bar, trunk lid rack, 14" Rallye wheels, 3:23 open rear and radio delete.  I asked a couple SE owners here if ther car came with radio. It seemed strange to me because the first two owners of SE's I spoke to also had radio delete.
I will change the color to black (triple black) or plum crazy. I also have a complete factory power window system I want to add. To do this I need to replace all 4 door panels. I just have a thing about a vintage muscle car with power windows.
So that's a rundown on my Challenger
70' Challenger R/T SE in progress
66' Mustang fastback GT350 clone
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: from SW Washington!  :wave:

Thanks for the pic & great rundown. So cool that you have the build sheet!

I'd like to see pics of the window conversion when you get around to it.  :D

70RTSE383

Day of pickup
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

Cuda Cody

70RTSE383

Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

303 Mopar

Welcome to the site!  Great looking Challenger project!

JS29

:welcome:From central New York!! My brother lives in Lemon Grove. San Diego is ware I bought my first challenger, A 70 383 R/T 4-speed. :twothumbsup:

ec_co

Welcome from Colorado!

my Barracuda also came out of Spokane, it was on my parents farm since '87 and took me 20+ years to convince dad I wanted to restore and drive it, not flip it.
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

70RTSE383

Rear with standard window in place
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

70RTSE383

Rear plug for SE. Contrary to what many have posted in various sites the plug is not fiberglass. It is two pieces of molded plastic screwed together. They in turn are screwed into the weld flange. The window is specific to the plug. The cars always had a vinyl roof for obvious reasons. The outside window trim is clear anodized aluminum. The inside of the plug forms what looks like a padded window surround but is solid. It is covered with felt like fabrick the same as the molded headliner.
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

1 Wild R/T

The outer plug is chopped fiberglass, the inner trim is plastic.....

70RTSE383

I stand corrected RT. The inside piece is molded plastic. The outside is fiberglass reinforced plastic.

John
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70

70RTSE383

I have a question on yhe se window plug. Has anyone seen the origional vinyl top being removed from one of these cars? One owner of an origional paint se said when his vinyl top was removed there was a wide strip of some kind of tape covering the seam around the plug. Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

John
Factory Five Cobra
70' Kawasaki H1
70' Honda CT 70