Main Menu

Thanks for the knowledge

Started by 69BFan, April 24, 2017, 09:07:19 AM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

Let me introduce myself to the group.   I have basically been around these cars my entire life and what has been basically a hobby in its early years is now a business in some areas.  I have to admit that my knowledge is very lacking in the areas of the E-Body applications, but the general knowledge from body style to year models do cross over to a certain amount. 
We still have the 69 Charger RT that my Father and Mother bought new in February of 69 and it will be a family member as long as I am breathing.    Anyways, I have been involved in the manufacturing and selling of parts for these cars for well over 25 years.  Through the help of Dave Mihalko, we have had an eventful time in bringing different products to the market place.  We are also very much appreciative of all of the support that our customers have given to us.
Hopefully, I can be of some knowledge on this site and I have to commend the site for its efforts to support the hobby.  It is a continuing learning experience and I look forward to learning and hopefully be able to repay the knowledge as well.
Thanks,
Richard O'Shields
Restoration Parts and Materials
Jasper, GA.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

Cuda Cody

Welcome Richard!   :welcome:  Thanks for the introduction and history about yourself.   :twothumbsup:  Do you have any photos of your 69 Charger you can share?  Lots of B-Body lovers here too.

anlauto

Why don't you show us some of the products you manufacture and sell ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ec_co

:welcome:   I'd love to see the Charger too, its my next 'want'.  I'd also love to hear about your products, we love to support fellow enthusiasts that are helping the hobby
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site!  Glad you have found this site!  Always need for knowledge here!    :ohyeah:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

71GranCoupe

:welcome: From Las Vegas!! And thanks for the additional info on my earlier question. Share pictures of your car(s) when time permits.  :cheers:

69BFan

Alan,
We provide the  date coded hoses and ribbed hoses that you purchased from us last year at the Carlisle show in bulk.  You also provided us with a part of the AC vacuum lines for the 70 to 74 E-Body applications.  Some of the other items are washer bottles, battery cables, dome lamp lens, etc.  Also, Dave Mihallko makes all of the "Top Cat" window felts that are sold by most of the major vendors.
As of last year, I retired from my primary position and hopefully in the years to come, be able to devote my time to this area of the hobby / business.  I would also like to be able to offer possible group buy-ins on certain products so that we can assist others in there restorations.  I am open to suggestions on any of our products and always encouraging new ideals to improve a product or bring a needed part to the market.
We are very low key and I do not advertise that much other than on some of the different forums.  Believe me, I have enough to do as it is.  We are located at Carlisle in the tent next door to Mega Parts and just below the red barn, building T.  At The Nats, we are in the huge tent in the general swap meet area.  This past year, we had the  71 Cuda convertible and 69 Dart under our tent.
A new show for the people down here in the Southeast, we will be a sponsor of the Chattanooga, TN. show on May 12th and 13th.  Additionally, Ted Stephens and Coker Tire will be supporting the show as well. 
So please drop by and say hello at Carlisle, Columbus and several of the smaller shows that we attend.  I will do my best to help in any manner that will further the growth of the hobby and industry.
Thanks,
Richard
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

Okay...now I remember...I thought the name sounded familiar  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site .
Glad you found us  :slapme5:

J-Code Jeni

:welcome: we're glad you joined & really appreciate your introduction.

Btw- I'd love to see the '69 Charger too!!  :burnout:

jimynick

Welcome from  :canada: and you've already heard about the Charger, eh? LOL
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

303 Mopar

Welcome to the site! Yes, pics of that Charger would be good!