Main Menu

Once again I'm tapping the knowledge here -UPDATE-

Started by BIGSHCLUNK, December 03, 2019, 03:08:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

BIGSHCLUNK

Does anyone know where to get ball stud clips ? (retainers??)  I can find studs but not the clips  :notsure:

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Chryco Psycho

Looks like the early Cummins throttle link .
thinking where to get parts  :thinking:

Brads70

Looks like from a snowblower. I get them at Princess Auto which is like Harbor freight?   What size are the threads? If your stuck and I have the right size I could mail you some?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/search?Dy=1&Nty=1&Ntt=rod+end+with+ball+stud

BIGSHCLUNK

Thanks Brad... Princess auto... not in these parts but HF... YES! For the FYI factor. Its on my FIAT ALLIS 545 Loader. I need to get a few things taken care of before were officially into blizzard season. That 1/4 - 28 just may be the ticket. I will check HF tomorrow...  :ohyeah:   I had no clue these would be such a PITA to find. Am I not calling it the right name ?   :thinking:

Brads70

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on December 03, 2019, 05:49:47 PM
Thanks Brad... Princess auto... not in these parts but HF... YES! For the FYI factor. Its on my FIAT ALLIS 545 Loader. I need to get a few things taken care of before were officially into blizzard season. That 1/4 - 28 just may be the ticket. I will check HF tomorrow...  :ohyeah:   I had no clue these would be such a PITA to find. Am I not calling it the right name ?   :thinking:

Fastenal ?   search for    " rod end ball stud  "

https://www.fastenal.com/product;jsessionid=H2qHHpTFBrIAeAX+CkLOkVFR.d36f637b-91a9-3b2b-9fa6-50af87272845?query=rod+end+ball+stud&fsi=1

BIGSHCLUNK

Nice find Brad, but my experience w Fastenal has been they want you to buy the whole box!

Brads70

Quote from: BIGSHCLUNK on December 03, 2019, 06:20:34 PM
Nice find Brad, but my experience w Fastenal has been they want you to buy the whole box!

I agree , I never shop there because of that. If your in a hurry for it they might be an option though?  It's not like a bolt so they might sell them individually?  Must be other bolt/hardware suppliers locally?
I'f your  stuck and figure out what sizes you need I could mail you some?

BIGSHCLUNK

Thanks, I'll ck HF tomorrow . And anything else that comes to mind. The big box stores don't have anything around here. I will post if I score ! 

BIGSHCLUNK

After burning a half tank of gas this morning, I was just about out of options this morning. Then it hit me...... GRAINGER... I have an account there (altho rarely used). Close by the shop too. Well that locale did not have them, but one in the next big town showed 2 in stock. After waiting before I took another drive they confirmed ..... they had 2 in stock! Of course, no nuts or washers included but at this point I didn't care ...

Brads70

BIGSHCLUNK

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 04, 2019, 12:32:11 PM
sorry, I'm late to the game - but isn't that basically a "HEIM JOINT"?

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=heim+joints&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=BAFDAC8DDDB64E2B94A7935CDCED26D2

Yes actually it would be now wouldn't it. but ol' BIGS knows the old terms,  :rofl: I'd never even thought of it in that respect. They didn't have heim joints in my day.... 

dodj

Never would have guessed heim joint from your first pics of two rusty pieces of crap and what looks like a grease nipple....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill