Main Menu

New member from Chicagoland

Started by Hemi1632, August 20, 2019, 05:36:49 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Welcome to the site from Michigan!  Glad you signed up!  Oh and I fixed the upside down pics!   :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Hemi1632

Quote from: JS29 on August 21, 2019, 05:58:32 AM
:welcome: did your father race his car, I could see my self putting a lot more miles on it ether way.  :1place:
Yes, he raced E stock and was winning for most of the year. Plymouth was dominating E stock, so Chevy came out with the 67 1/2 Camaro with the 302. The MOPAR boys didn't have a chance against these high spinning small blocks. In 1967 he went to the US Nationals but lost to the Chevy. The car was then parked and sat in a garage for more than 30 years. We than began restoring it in the early 2000's. As we were getting close to finishing the Barracuda I bought. The Challenger because I didn't want him driving the Cuda that often. And now the Challenger has been sitting for over a decade! LOL

JH27N0B

I think I recognize that Barracuda.  Did your dad drive it to the Lombard cruise night one evening last year?  It is a very impressive car, and your dad had some cool stories.

Hemi1632

Quote from: JH27N0B on August 21, 2019, 08:18:58 PM
I think I recognize that Barracuda.  Did your dad drive it to the Lombard cruise night one evening last year?  It is a very impressive car, and your dad had some cool stories.

Thank you, and yes he did. He was parked in the bank parking lot. I followed him in a phantom black Hellcat. Were you just looking or did you bring a car?

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site from Panama  :wave:

JH27N0B

Quote from: Hemi1632 on August 22, 2019, 02:15:12 AM
Quote from: JH27N0B on August 21, 2019, 08:18:58 PM

Thank you, and yes he did. He was parked in the bank parking lot. I followed him in a phantom black Hellcat. Were you just looking or did you bring a car?
I probably had my convertible there, or possibly my 09 Challenger. I usually park behind the bank.
I recall his friend with a blue Satellite convertible showed up and they moved to a parking lot further east.

Wayne

Welcome to site site from SE MI and great looking Challenger!
1970 Cuda 383 4spd red on red
Backyard Hotrods @ Youtube, Facebook & Instagram
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bd5dyuOKCJT-kWhdEGm3A

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Welcome.........with a Challenger looking that good ......... would not want to take her apart.....anyway...........enjoy the forum, as we all do.  :welcome:

Hemi1632

Quote from: DAYLEY/CHALLENGER on August 28, 2019, 06:44:29 AM
Welcome.........with a Challenger looking that good ......... would not want to take her apart.....anyway...........enjoy the forum, as we all do.  :welcome:

Yea, after a decade of not getting to drive it I am starting to ask myself the same question! LOL

Hemi1632

Quote from: Spikedog08 on August 21, 2019, 07:19:39 AM
Welcome to the site from Michigan!  Glad you signed up!  Oh and I fixed the upside down pics!   :bigthumb:
Thank you sir!

73TopBanana

340challconvert

Hello and  :welcome: from New Jersey
Glad you joined up!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Hemi1632