Main Menu

New to Cudas and this forum

Started by Glide, July 18, 2024, 07:26:12 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Glide

Hi, new guy here!

Had a couple Cudas and Challengers back in the day. I've been mostly into Corvettes (7) since, but always loved the Cudas. I recently bought this 73 340 Cuda from Long Island so I could bring my ol' lady and my dog to shows, cars and coffee and on cruises. It was the recipient of a rebuild/restore in 2012. Steers good but ride like it's 150,000 mile car, which I believe it is. 

Now I'm trying to make it dependable and my own. Some things I'll be looking for are 17- or 18-inch wheels, rear bumperettes, tail panel, rear seat upholstery, shocks and touch-up paint (not OEM color). Also need to verify engine is number matching but don't know where the number is on the 340.

How do you post picture from your hard drive or phone?

Thanks!
Glide

mtull

Quote from: Glide on July 18, 2024, 07:26:12 AMHow do you post picture from your hard drive or phone?

Welcome!  Looking forward to some pics.  Usually you can drag a pic over to the area just below the text box which shows a rectangle with a black border, I think the text in said triangle says something like 'Click or drag files here' ... you'd think I'd have it memorized by now.  The other option is a 'ADD FILES' button

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site , VIN is stamped above the oil pan on the passenger side behind the engine mount

cudamadd

torredcuda

Welcome! Legendry Interior is the best for seat upholstery, I would reccommend a good quality shock like Bilstein, QA1 etc., upgrading torsion bars to a larger diameter and other suspension upgrades will help handling.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

cuda hunter

Welcome @Glide !!   
Let's see some pictures of your new ride! 
What was it originally? 
Still have it's tag?  Any factory documentation? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Glide

Quote from: cuda hunter on July 19, 2024, 06:18:01 AMWelcome @Glide !! 
Let's see some pictures of your new ride! 
What was it originally? 
Still have it's tag?  Any factory documentation? 
Quote from: mtull on July 18, 2024, 07:50:45 AM
Quote from: Glide on July 18, 2024, 07:26:12 AMHow do you post picture from your hard drive or phone?

Welcome!  Looking forward to some pics.  Usually you can drag a pic over to the area just below the text box which shows a rectangle with a black border, I think the text in said triangle says something like 'Click or drag files here' ... you'd think I'd have it memorized by now.  The other option is a 'ADD FILES' button

Glide

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 18, 2024, 07:31:28 PMWelcome to the site , VIN is stamped above the oil pan on the passenger side behind the engine mount

Thank you! Guess I'll check it the next time the engines out, lol.

Glide

Quote from: mtull on July 18, 2024, 07:50:45 AM

Thanks!  It worked.  Pictures posted!

cuda hunter

BS23H3B548111
Pretty high vin.
601 scheduled production date
Awesome that it's a 340 car!
Looks great as it sits!

JA5, Silver Frost Metallic,  with a black top and black interior and a V6X black stripe.
SWEET combo! 
Awesome that it retains it's broadcast sheet!
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Brads70

Welcome to the site! Nice looking ride! As far as wheels go the 17 rallye's are popular and look pretty good. Price is nice also.

https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/wheels/wheels/yearone-mopar-rallye-wheels

Failing that the options are endless depending on cost and personal taste.
Enjoy your car! You will quickly find if your after quality performance rubber that you need to go 17" and larger.

Glide

Quote from: Brads70 on July 20, 2024, 12:16:31 AMWelcome to the site! Nice looking ride! As far as wheels go the 17 rallye's are popular and look pretty good. Price is nice also.

Enjoy your car! You will quickly find if your after quality performance rubber that you need to go 17" and larger.

Those are the wheels I've been looking at. Do you know if the stock center caps fit these?  What rubber would you use?  Do they have to be white letter?

Thanks!

Brads70

Quote from: Glide on July 20, 2024, 04:22:27 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on July 20, 2024, 12:16:31 AMWelcome to the site! Nice looking ride! As far as wheels go the 17 rallye's are popular and look pretty good. Price is nice also.

Those are the wheels I've been looking at. Do you know if the stock center caps fit these?  What rubber would you use?  Do they have to be white letter?

Thanks!

@anlauto
Alan has used these many times on his builds. He should be able to be a better source of information. Yes I believe the stock caps fit.

RUNCHARGER

Welcome: Nice looking Cuda, I kind of dig the wheels on it, works really well with the colour which I also like!
Sheldon

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario :canada: I run 17's on the front of my Challenger and 18's on the rear and, as mentioned, your choice of tire is decent.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"