Main Menu

New to here but not to Mopars

Started by NoCar340, July 26, 2023, 05:58:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

NoCar340

Greetings from Michigan's Upper Peninsula!  I joined today but have been lurking here and there for several years due to some of the resources I've found via web searches.  I honestly thought I was already a member... oh, well.

I bought my first Mopar (and E-body) at 17, a double-black '73 Challenger 340/4-speed.  It was a non-Rallye but had all the Rallye goodies including hood, cluster, suspension, etc.  It was a non-console F70x14 Polyglas dog-dish car with the AM/FM stereo.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that car's been soup cans for a couple of decades; I lost track of it in 1999 in pretty sad shape.  I still have the Pistol Grip and "340 FOUR BARREL" hood emblems from it.

Currently I have six Mopars:  A stock '68 Valiant 100 170/3-speed coupe, a '69 Valiant Signet coupe that I've converted to a W2-headed, solid-roller 340 and 4-speed, a '74 Challenger 318/auto that's being morphed into a bit of a tribute to (or replica of) my old '73 (double black, 340/4-speed, now with Six Pack!), and an '82 Imperial long-term project.  Yes, that's only four.  Two weeks ago, I inadvertently (?) purchased two more Challengers.  I thought they'd be too expensive, but when given the number on the '71 (318/3-speed/AC/R26) I immediately asked about the truly-junky-but-complete '74, another G-code auto.  I ended up buying both.  I also ended up renting storage... I was out of room with only three cars!  I'm also a terrible (or fantastic--it's subjective) parts hoarder.

The "tribute" '74 is out for paint at the moment.  Both Valiants await some attention, and the Imperial's in long-term storage but I've got "new car syndrome" bad with this '71.  The current plan is to leave it largely as-is, but if the 318's got issues I'll install a 340 in its place.  I considered something more serious like a 440 Six Pack, but decided it'd be silly not to utilize the 100%-intact AC system still on the car.

So many cars and parts, so bad at making firm decisions...

Anyhow, I recognize a few faces around here from some other sites I'm on with the same username.  Good guys, all of 'em, and I'm looking forward to interacting with the whole group.

71GranCoupe

Welcome aboard! Show off some of your prized rides. We all like pictures. Lots of information and many enjoy answering questions. :welcome:

Dakota

:wave: Welcome to the site from Ft Worth, TX. Quite the Mopar stable you've got there!   We like pictures, so please post some.   

NoCar340

Well, other than the one out for paint, they're all projects in some manner, although the W2 Valiant is a dedicated beater.  Here's the project '74; the photo is from when I got it home.  It's still all OE sheetmetal, although I've since replaced the roof.

NoCar340

The now-W2 1969 Valiant in various stages of the project.  It wasn't just an engine swap, we also replaced the LH front frame rail and complete floor pans, did an inboard spring move, disc-brake swap and a ton more.

NoCar340

The '71 I just purchased.  Dig the snow tires.

usraptor

NoCar340

This is the econobox... the '68 170-cube 3-speed Valiant 100.  It's a pretty solid Wyoming car that'll make a good daily.  I have a freshly-rebuilt A833OD ready, as well as everything for a big-bolt-pattern conversion.

NoCar340

The $300 parts car.  '74 Challenger 318/auto.  Pretty devoid of options (not even a radio), but I haven't looked at it very closely.  It's actually got some decent sheetmetal on it, though, including a RH fender lacking an antenna hole.  This car's been around for decades but has changed hands and locations several times.  Daylight photos are 8 years old; a tree's fallen on it since.  I don't consider the damage fatal, though--I've already changed one Challenger roof!

NoCar340

And, finally, the car nobody cares about... my '82 Imperial.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the engine yet, but I have everything for a twin-turbo EFI small-block.  Long-neglected project still awaiting its 4-speed conversion.

cudamadd

Welcome  you definitely have mopar  blood in your vains . Great to see  :australia:

JS29

jimynick

Welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  Man, do you and I share tastes in cars. I had a 67 Valiant coupe, that was a factory power pack car with a 273 and 4 speed that I put a '68 340 in, so I feel ya on the wee boxes! AND, I've always had a dream of having one of those Imperials with a hot rodded small block. I'm just jealous as hell. Have fun!  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Chryco Psycho

Welcome to the site , Imperials are actually cool cars too !