Main Menu

Rockingham Challenger

Started by DAYLEY/CHALLENGER, July 20, 2017, 03:45:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

340challconvert

Welcome from New Jersey
Nice job on your Challenger
Have a A66 Challenger convertible in Y1 that I am working on!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

74 rallye

The only easy day, was yesterday

jimynick

welcome to the site from  :canada: and congrats on your rebuild, it's looking good!
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

benlavigne

Hello,
I was wondering about your profile pic, since it popped up on Facebook a couple of days ago... Is it a car you've owned?
Trying to figure if it's an A66 from clues such as the bumblebee stripe, R/T hood but no badges, and the lack of wheelwell moldings...
Thanks!

Ben

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Hey Ben .........   Yes, that was my first Challenger. AND that is still my current wife.  Love her bunches.    I , at the time, did not know what an A66 car was.  This car came with red painted wheels, and trim rings. At the time didn't really like the wheels so swapped with another car on the lot and got the wire covers.   Actually went from 15" to 14", which now I realize was a mistake. Interior was ...automatic on the column , bench seat with center arm rest, AM radio, no air conditioning.  Engine. 340.  dual exhaust with the tips,  I later added the hood blackout and hood pins. I think I have more pics, will post.   Thanks for looking, David.

PS. Don't know why it would have been on Facebook.....don't remember posting...

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Here is the actual "wjndow sticker".    May be good info, but I see no reference to A66

benlavigne

Wow, Thanks David for the pictures and info!
That invoice is from the dealer, they reproduced the equipment from the Chrysler one, and A66 would be the 340 Engine Package, right after A62 Rallye Dash!
Looks like it also had C15 Deluxe seat belts group, which is very rare (I have them on my A66!)
There is no mention of the bumblebee stripe, was that also added along with the hood and rear panel blackout? It looks more matte than the factory painted stripe.
Do you know if the car is still around?
Thanks again for the info, do you mind if I share with the A66 Group on Facebook, which I administer? You are welcome to join if you are on FB!

Ben

DAYLEY/CHALLENGER

Hey Ben. No problem posting. I am proud of owning the car and still proud of the lady sitting on It!

The stripe was original gloss. It came on the car. I had a slight bump up in Nashville while attending Nashville Auto Diesel school.  That is where they painted on the hood and stripe in matte finish.

I have tried to find the car which I sold in the early 80s , but no luck.  Last I knew  of it, she was in Patrick  county, Virginia.

Thanks for looking, David.

nsmall

Thanks for joining.  Welcome.  Thanks for sharing your car.   :bradsthumb:

Is that your house?  Looks like a castle.